Roxio Photosuite 8

Carolyninoz

I don't know where to ask this question so hope it will be answered here as I am getting desperate.

I purchased Photosuite 8 under 12 months ago and installed it on my Windows Vista Home and it worked fine and I do use it a lot for my graphics but recently I had to have a technician repair my computer under warranty and he replaced the whole mother board and ever since I am getting a message that my screen resolution does not meet the requirements but my settings are exactly as it is suggesting. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the disc (photosuite) but still getting this message and cannot open photosuite at all. I just cannot seem to get around this problem. Can some kind person offer some help or suggestions

Cheers

Carolyn

I don't know where to ask this question so hope it will be answered here as I am getting desperate.

I purchased Photosuite 8 under 12 months ago and installed it on my Windows Vista Home and it worked fine and I do use it a lot for my graphics but recently I had to have a technician repair my computer under warranty and he replaced the whole mother board and ever since I am getting a message that my screen resolution does not meet the requirements but my settings are exactly as it is suggesting. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the disc (photosuite) but still getting this message and cannot open photosuite at all. I just cannot seem to get around this problem. Can some kind person offer some help or suggestions

Cheers

Carolyn

Was it a 1:1 replacement of the motherboard? I assume that you do not have a stand alone video card; or if you did, that Tech did not enable it.

When you say the settings are the same, are you saying that you see the screen resolution is higher than 1024 x 768? (Both numbers must be above those two;

Did the Tech do anything with your system drive? Time to talk to the computer manufacturer to get that Tech back to fix it. You have a hardware problem; not a Photosuite problem. I am seldom accused of being kind and you should be the same when you talk to your computer manufacturer/tech.

Was it a 1:1 replacement of the motherboard? I assume that you do not have a stand alone video card; or if you did, that Tech did not enable it.

When you say the settings are the same, are you saying that you see the screen resolution is higher than 1024 x 768? (Both numbers must be above those two;

Did the Tech do anything with your system drive? Time to talk to the computer manufacturer to get that Tech back to fix it. You have a hardware problem; not a Photosuite problem. I am seldom accused of being kind and you should be the same when you talk to your computer manufacturer/tech.

Hi Digital Guru

Thank you for replying. Yes it was a complete replacement of the mother board and it has an inbuilt video card. I have my screen set at 1440 x 900 and 32bit colour which is the same as I always have. Roxio worked before on these same settings. I have it installed as XP Service Pack 2 as I was advised to do that from the beginning as I am using Windows Vista which I was told may not be compatible.

After the tech installed the new mother board he inserted a disc and pages of 'mumbo jumbo' came up which I wouldn't have a clue about but I do know that all my other photo editing programmes still work but I love to use Roxio for certain art work.

Quite frustrating and I don't know what to do next Thank you for replying - any more suggestions??

Hi Digital Guru

Thank you for replying. Yes it was a complete replacement of the mother board and it has an inbuilt video card. I have my screen set at 1440 x 900 and 32bit colour which is the same as I always have. Roxio worked before on these same settings. I have it installed as XP Service Pack 2 as I was advised to do that from the beginning as I am using Windows Vista which I was told may not be compatible.

After the tech installed the new mother board he inserted a disc and pages of 'mumbo jumbo' came up which I wouldn't have a clue about but I do know that all my other photo editing programmes still work but I love to use Roxio for certain art work.

Quite frustrating and I don't know what to do next Thank you for replying - any more suggestions??

I was just looking on Roxio site and saw the Roxio Creator 2009. Am I correct that it will do all that Photosuite 8 does plus extra? I may have to purchase that as it does say under requirements 'Vista home' May be the easiest way around my problem so long as I get all of the Photosuite 8 tools as they are what I use constantly. Not so interested in the rest of it at present.

It's possible that the fault may lie with the onboard graphics chipset. Check on the make of that (it should show if you right click anywhere on the desktop and go to properties, settings). Once you have that, go to the maker's website (ati, nVidia, Intel or whoever) and get the latest drivers for that. Also get and install the latest DirectX from Microsoft

Try that first and see if it helps

Creator 2009 will have a newer version of Photosuite but check first on the graphics.

It's possible that the fault may lie with the onboard graphics chipset. Check on the make of that (it should show if you right click anywhere on the desktop and go to properties, settings). Once you have that, go to the maker's website (ati, nVidia, Intel or whoever) and get the latest drivers for that. Also get and install the latest DirectX from Microsoft

Try that first and see if it helps

Creator 2009 will have a newer version of Photosuite but check first on the graphics.

Thank you gi7omy - I will try what you have recommended but for the last 2 days our wireless broadband has no reception so I cannot do it with dialup but I will let you know how I get on. Once again thank you for your helpful suggestions

Archived