• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC8 Deluxe Suite

malatekid

Question

13 answers to this question

Personally, I haven't had any issues with any released version that I have used. I don't think there is that much difference between versions other than all features are available in the Deluxe version. The only issue I have was with the included Dazzle device. According to Pinnacle's website, the Dazzle DVC90 DOES NOT work with certain USB chipsets like VIA which my motherboard has.

Nice to hear that.

Thanks.

The Dazzle not working is not limited to those who have the VIA chipset. I have an Intel USB chipset, and the Dazzle, included with the Deluxe version, does not work for me, either. As a matter of fact, I have not seen anyone post that the Dazzle works for them, but I have not seen any posts from folks saying that it does not work for them, either.

Carnt help you there :D:):D

Carnt help you there :D:huh::D

I've been chasing at Dazzle problem also for last two days, see post under DVD and Video. Can I assume that a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 means I have an Intel Chipset? Dazzle works on my Dell Dimension, but not on my Gateway Laptop, which has the GMA 900

The Dazzle not working is not limited to those who have the VIA chipset. I have an Intel USB chipset, and the Dazzle, included with the Deluxe version, does not work for me, either. As a matter of fact, I have not seen anyone post that the Dazzle works for them, but I have not seen any posts from folks saying that it does not work for them, either.

Thank you for the information.

I'm out of luck on 2 systems as well, both with Intel chipsets. Me thinks the Dazzle drivers suck.

My HP DC5000 DVD Movie Writer (a burner with built-in capability to capture videos via RCA) is still a reliable piece of hardware. I also have the Intel chipset.

Just curious what's the experience of those EMC8 DeLuxe Suite users. Have you had any issues similar to those ones reported for EMC8 Suite?

I am not sure if this is where you are going with the question, but if you had problems with the Suite, I would not assume that the Deluxe suite would fix them. In fact, before investing in the Deluxe, I would resolve all problems with the standard suite first. I am not talking about missing features, such as the greyed out options, but rather issues associated with performance. I have not had any additional problems with the Deluxe versus the Standard versions.

I echo the other posters problems with the Dazzle device. I have an Intel chip and I can sometimes get it to capture, but the video and audio has been jerky. Other times it just locks the system and I have to power off to reboot. Right now it is disconnected and back in the box.

If you are interested, here is a link to the Pinnacle forum that is specific to the Dazzle device. If you click on some of the other embedded links in the post, you can get even more information on users problems and how some resolved them. Note: Scroll to the last post on the link. It is the most imformative

http://webboard.pinnaclesys.com/read_messa...ThreadID=270167

I am not sure if this is where you are going with the question, but if you had problems with the Suite, I would not assume that the Deluxe suite would fix them. In fact, before investing in the Deluxe, I would resolve all problems with the standard suite first. I am not talking about missing features, such as the greyed out options, but rather issues associated with performance. I have not had any additional problems with the Deluxe versus the Standard versions.

I echo the other posters problems with the Dazzle device. I have an Intel chip and I can sometimes get it to capture, but the video and audio has been jerky. Other times it just locks the system and I have to power off to reboot. Right now it is disconnected and back in the box.

If you are interested, here is a link to the Pinnacle forum that is specific to the Dazzle device. If you click on some of the other embedded links in the post, you can get even more information on users problems and how some resolved them. Note: Scroll to the last post on the link. It is the most imformative

http://webboard.pinnaclesys.com/read_messa...ThreadID=270167

Good suggestion about fixing the problems in standard version first. I was just thinking that maybe the DeLuxe Suite already has all the updates to current standard version and therefore more reliable to use.

I have EMC8 that I uninstalled and temporarily shelved after playing with it for the last two weeks and getting a couple of issues that I already posted here in the Forum.

Good suggestion about fixing the problems in standard version first. I was just thinking that maybe the Deluxe Suite already has all the updates to current standard version and therefore more reliable to use.

I have EMC8 that I un installed and temporarily shelved after playing with it for the last two weeks and getting a couple of issues that I already posted here in the Forum.

I must say i am an odd ball here..(no comments gurus? :) ) as i have had a good run with Deluxe and the dazzle unit (both my laptop and PC do have Intel chip-sets) and i have noticed there was a lag in the video render to start with, but i changed out a few of my codex and that went away.

Something to note:

that in a lot of of users who have VIA chip-set Motherboards may have issues with there USB controller

and the Dazzle unit will not seem to connect in the EMC app

(most of the info i just said were from technical forums from Pinnacle software site and off video news groups)

Guest mlpasley
no comments gurus? :) )

I have the Dazzle device and EMC8, but haven't had time to install and test it on my desktop or laptop.

I just finally got around to installing software that I bought 3 months ago to repartition one of my hard drives. (sigh)

So I'm a bit behind on my video hobby :huh:

Archived