Plug And Burn Creative 2009

cpd

Question

9 answers to this question

Creative 2009 with Roxio capture USB. Creative 2009 finds ithe USB under Capture Video, but can't find it under Plug and Burn.

The Roxio Tutorial on http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/easy-vhs...d/overview.html says that this will work. but it doesn't.

That tutorial refers to the VHS-to-DVD package which is not Creator 2009 :unsure:

That tutorial refers to the VHS-to-DVD package which is not Creator 2009 :unsure:

Yep, but all the screenshots, equipment, etc are identical in 2009 and the USB gadget. (which came together in the package I bought that boasts: "Bonus: Conver VHS to DVD -- easily archive your videotape collection to DVD")

Yep, but all the screenshots, equipment, etc are identical in 2009 and the USB gadget. (which came together in the package I bought that boasts: "Bonus: Conver VHS to DVD -- easily archive your videotape collection to DVD")

I would think that VHS2DVD contains some of the software from Creator 2009 (related to DVD authoring, burning etc) but it also has some additional software (the Plug&Burn wizard for example) which is not part of Creator 2009. Creator 2009 does not include the USB device (I believe the Ultimate version does though). If you have the device and Creator 2009 you can use it to "Convert VHS to DVD" but the "Plug&Burn" function is not available - that is why VHS2DVD was "created"

Edited by myguggi

I would think that VHS2DVD contains some of the software from Creator 2009 (related to DVD authoring, burning etc) but it also has some additional software (the Plug&Burn wizard for example) which is not part of Creator 2009. Creator 2009 does not include the USB device (I believe the Ultimate version does though). If you have the device and Creator 2009 you can use it to "Convert VHS to DVD" but the "Plug&Burn" function is not available - that is why VHS2DVD was "created"

and, alas, as best as I can tell VHS2DVD only runs on Vista, not xp -- is that what you understand? sigh. no silver bullet here, apparently.

and, alas, as best as I can tell VHS2DVD only runs on Vista, not xp -- is that what you understand? sigh. no silver bullet here, apparently.

VHS2DVD runs on XP & Vista

The only difference between VHS2DVD and the C2009 with the USB device may be that VHS2DVD includes the wizard tot do Plug&Burn - something I would never use anyway.

BTW, there is a VHS2DVD forum under the Other Applications forum.

Edited by myguggi

You got the only answer you are going to get – it don't work!

Plug&Burn has been hit and miss (mostly miss) from the beginning of Video with any and all software!

Roxio VHS to DVD works on XP as well as Vista, read the Requirements – first line, Here.

Also note that it VHS to DVD is incompatible with C2009 (not listed) and that P&B doesn't work in there any differently (see the forum). (It isn't that it is different but it is a limited version of the C2009 programs and will overwrite them if installed!)

You know if you open MyDVD you can select a New Project with No Menus then click on Capture /Import. When it is done, click Burn.

Several of us have questions in about this but this is the way it stands for now.

You got the only answer you are going to get – it don't work!

Plug&Burn has been hit and miss (mostly miss) from the beginning of Video with any and all software!

Roxio VHS to DVD works on XP as well as Vista, read the Requirements – first line, Here.

Also note that it VHS to DVD is incompatible with C2009 (not listed) and that P&B doesn't work in there any differently (see the forum). (It isn't that it is different but it is a limited version of the C2009 programs and will overwrite them if installed!)

You know if you open MyDVD you can select a New Project with No Menus then click on Capture /Import. When it is done, click Burn.

Several of us have questions in about this but this is the way it stands for now.

Okay. Thanks. sigh.