The File Is Too Big To Put On Dvd

pwf

Question

13 answers to this question

In copying my 2 hour home movie VHS tapes (using Roxio easy VHS to DVD) I realize these files are going to be enormously big. To big for a DVD disc. I would like to know what other people do.

Very few posters so far have this VHS2DVD and so there are few suggestions out there. Since you are capturing from VHS you will want to keep the quality. So I would suggest you split the video in half and put one hour only per DVD.

Not sure if the program alows for larger DVD sizes, but if ytou have a Burner that can burn DL discs, you might want to try that. And also a DVD player that will play DL DVD discs.

Frank...

I was able to copy a 1 1/2 hour VHS tape to a dual layer DVD last night. The program does recognize the DL disc with no problem, reporting 2+ hours or recording time left rather that the normal 1+ hour. It seemed to copy well, but them I haven't played it completely yet! As Frank said, you do need a dual layer DVD player/burner, but most recent computers come with them.

I was able to copy a 1 1/2 hour VHS tape to a dual layer DVD last night. The program does recognize the DL disc with no problem, reporting 2+ hours or recording time left rather that the normal 1+ hour. It seemed to copy well, but them I haven't played it completely yet! As Frank said, you do need a dual layer DVD player/burner, but most recent computers come with them.

Was this a direct Tape to DVD copy, ie. did you use Plug&Burn?

Was this a direct Tape to DVD copy, ie. did you use Plug&Burn?

Just plain old vanilla Plug&Burn. I think the problem has been caused with trying to copy VHS tapes that have some sort of protection. The movie that worked was one I had copied from the TV many, many years ago.

Just plain old vanilla Plug&Burn. I think the problem has been caused with trying to copy VHS tapes that have some sort of protection. The movie that worked was one I had copied from the TV many, many years ago.

Well, Scott you seem to be first user that has confirmed that the VHS2DVD "Plug&Burn" does work

Edited by myguggi

Well, Scott you seem to be first user that has confirmed that the VHS2DVD "Plug&Burn" does work

Plug & Burn seems to work flawlessly with tapes from cameras or other non-protected sources... I have found it takes 20 or so seconds for the computer to begin to copy after the copy button is pushed. I have the VCR on pause and hit play at the instant the computer becomes ready.

Plug & Burn seems to work flawlessly with tapes from cameras or other non-protected sources... I have found it takes 20 or so seconds for the computer to begin to copy after the copy button is pushed. I have the VCR on pause and hit play at the instant the computer becomes ready.

You have just become the VHS2DVD guru :) and we will be coming to you for answers :rolleyes:

You have just become the VHS2DVD guru :) and we will be coming to you for answers :rolleyes:

Some guru I am...after trying most of yesterday I had absolutely no success in copying a simple audio tape, which is what I really wanted the program for in the first place!!! I have used the output jacks on the tape player as well as a headphone jack adapter. The computer will make a .wav file, but it appears to have no content. The volume bars on the VHS2DVD show no movement when recording, so nothing is coming in to the computer. I wind up with a file which I can click on and play, but there is no sound. Probably something simple, so back to the drawing board today! I'll keep you posted...this one might warrant a call to Roxio.

Some guru I am...after trying most of yesterday I had absolutely no success in copying a simple audio tape, which is what I really wanted the program for in the first place!!! I have used the output jacks on the tape player as well as a headphone jack adapter. The computer will make a .wav file, but it appears to have no content. The volume bars on the VHS2DVD show no movement when recording, so nothing is coming in to the computer. I wind up with a file which I can click on and play, but there is no sound. Probably something simple, so back to the drawing board today! I'll keep you posted...this one might warrant a call to Roxio.

Have you updated to C2009 SP3? - just became available yesterday

Have you updated to C2009 SP3? - just became available yesterday

For existing Creator 2009 users only.

* Creator 2009 Service Pack 3 does not offer any new features.

* All updates and features of previous Creator 2009 Service Packs are included in Service Pack 3.

* You must own a valid copy of the full, retail version of Creator 2009.

* If you did not purchase a retail copy, this update will not work for any other version of Easy Media Creator.

* You must be a registered user to download the Service Pack.

cd

For existing Creator 2009 users only.

* Creator 2009 Service Pack 3 does not offer any new features.

* All updates and features of previous Creator 2009 Service Packs are included in Service Pack 3.

* You must own a valid copy of the full, retail version of Creator 2009.

* If you did not purchase a retail copy, this update will not work for any other version of Easy Media Creator.

* You must be a registered user to download the Service Pack.

cd

oops :rolleyes: