• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Why Won't Every Track On My Copy Cd Play Back?

kesselj

Question

When I copy one of my favorite CDs (using Creator 2009) to listen in the car CD player, or any other player, some of the selections (tracks) on the copy won't play, even though I see the track is listed, and is playing. I've e-mailed Roxio support about this problem; they suggested I download the latest PX Engine update, and update the software on my CD/DVD burner, which I did. I still have the same problem--my copies are incomplete.

If this is because of copy protection written on the source CDs, how do I know this copy protection exists, before I go to all the time and trouble to copy it, only to find out it doesn't copy correctly?

Is there any way around this?

6 answers to this question

Many cd's have some type of protection on it and this forum is not the place to discuss circumventing copy protection.

I'm not trying to circumvent copy protection. I'm trying to make a legitimate copy of my own disk for my own personal use.

I'm not trying to circumvent copy protection. I'm trying to make a legitimate copy of my own disk for my own personal use.

I don't think that Dave was saying that you were trying to circumvent anything. He merely explained the way it is, if there is some sort of copy protection on the disc.

I assume this is an Audio CD that you're trying to copy? What part of the Creator 2009 suite are you using to copy the CD? If you use Music Disc Creator, when you select the source CD, it should offer to copy the tracks to your HD. Let it do so, and select .WAV as the file type. Once that's done you can exit Music Disc Creator (tell it to leave the .WAV files on your HD) and you can listen to the .WAV files, and if they sound okay as .WAV files on your HD, they should write to your blank CD okay. So if they sound okay, start Music Disc Creator back up, select the .WAV files from your HD as the source, and write the new disc.

If the tracks don't copy from the CD to your HD properly, then indeed there may be either some form of protection on the disc, or a scratch or other damage preventing the Digital Audio Extraction from proceeding properly. If it's a copy protection issue, there's nothing the Roxio Suite will do to get around that.

Hope that helps!

Thank you, I will try that. Yes, I am talking about audio disks. (I posted earlier I wasn't trying to circumvent, but rather trying to make a copy of my own purchased disk for my own personal use). Thank you for taking the time to reply.

:lol: In spite of the fact that you have bought a CD for your own personal use, if there is copy protection on it, and you're trying to copy it, you are indeed trying to "circumvent" that copy protection, and by law (the Digital Millenium Copyright Act) you're breaking the law. (Let's not get into a huge argument about what's "right" and what's "legal".) And none of the Roxio products will help you get around that.

The issue is first to determine if using Music Disc Creator you can copy the songs to your HD okay.

Do let us know how you make out.

When I copy one of my favorite CDs (using Creator 2009) to listen in the car CD player, or any other player, some of the selections (tracks) on the copy won't play, even though I see the track is listed, and is playing. I've e-mailed Roxio support about this problem; they suggested I download the latest PX Engine update, and update the software on my CD/DVD burner, which I did. I still have the same problem--my copies are incomplete.

If this is because of copy protection written on the source CDs, how do I know this copy protection exists, before I go to all the time and trouble to copy it, only to find out it doesn't copy correctly?

Is there any way around this?

I assume this is an Audio CD that you're trying to copy? What part of the Creator 2009 suite are you using to copy the CD? If you use Music Disc Creator, when you select the source CD, it should offer to copy the tracks to your HD. Let it do so, and select .WAV as the file type. Once that's done you can exit Music Disc Creator (tell it to leave the .WAV files on your HD) and you can listen to the .WAV files, and if they sound okay as .WAV files on your HD, they should write to your blank CD okay. So if they sound okay, start Music Disc Creator back up, select the .WAV files from your HD as the source, and write the new disc.

If the tracks don't copy from the CD to your HD properly, then indeed there may be either some form of protection on the disc, or a scratch or other damage preventing the Digital Audio Extraction from proceeding properly. If it's a copy protection issue, there's nothing the Roxio Suite will do to get around that.

Hope that helps!

Archived