• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blank Dvds Not Detected By Creator 10

CJLS

Question

When I insert a dvd-r, or dvd+rw the program does not detect the disc and the 'insert disc' caption remains. This has only begun to happen recently. I've reset the BIOS to its default settings, done a 'recovery' and reloaded the Creator 10 software; however, Creator is still not acknowledging when a blank DVD disc is installed.

The dvd drive will play dvd films in media player and from within Creator 10.

I'm running XP and the drives have been updated by HP.

Any ideas?

4 answers to this question

Reading a disc isn't the same as burning one - different process, different laser

It could be a dirty lens, bad media or, worst case, a definct drive

The fact that it did work and then failed would indicate that the software end of things is alright, but to check, go through the procedure with a short test clip and choose 'burn to hard drive' instead of burning to DVD

I would never use one on my burners and most manufactures advise against it.

The brush and pad type when spun at high speed are out of balance, they are made to brush, rub, and or scratch the lens.

Add liquid to it like some do and that gets thrown around the inside of the drive.

It's your drive ($) you decide..

cd

The DVD drive cleaner (no fluids) did not work, nor did all the driver updating. I guess that another DVD software package, or a replacement drive, may do the trick. More research required!!!!

Thanks for the suggestions thus far.

CJLS

Reading a disc isn't the same as burning one - different process, different laser

It could be a dirty lens, bad media or, worst case, a definct drive

The fact that it did work and then failed would indicate that the software end of things is alright, but to check, go through the procedure with a short test clip and choose 'burn to hard drive' instead of burning to DVD

Thanks for the advice. I've just ordered a lens cleaning kit. I'll update the message when I've used it. Rgds

CJLS

I would never use one on my burners and most manufactures advise against it.

The brush and pad type when spun at high speed are out of balance, they are made to brush, rub, and or scratch the lens.

Add liquid to it like some do and that gets thrown around the inside of the drive.

It's your drive ($) you decide..

cd

Archived