• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Update Manager Pop Ups Looking For Um.msi

DNelson

Question

I have Roxio Creator 2009 Sp2 and I have been hampered by these pesky pop ups, update manager looking for file UM.MSI.

This must be a wide spread problem for on the web there are several 3rd party application claiming solutions.

I finally unintalled Creator 2009, using Control Panel Add & Remove Programs and noticed that just below Roxio Creator 2009 was Roxio Update Manager. Uninstalled them both. Reinstalled did not do an update. No pop ups and no Roxio Update Manger in Add & Remove Programs. I feel that Sp2 is the cause.

Hope this helps. Now wait for Roxio to provide a fix.

3 answers to this question

I have Roxio Creator 2009 Sp2 and I have been hampered by these pesky pop ups, update manager looking for file UM.MSI.

This must be a wide spread problem for on the web there are several 3rd party application claiming solutions.

I finally unintalled Creator 2009, using Control Panel Add & Remove Programs and noticed that just below Roxio Creator 2009 was Roxio Update Manager. Uninstalled them both. Reinstalled did not do an update. No pop ups and no Roxio Update Manger in Add & Remove Programs. I feel that Sp2 is the cause.

Hope this helps. Now wait for Roxio to provide a fix.

There is nothing to fix. I have C2009, SP2 and the Update Manager installed - I receive no pop-ups.

There is nothing to fix. I have C2009, SP2 and the Update Manager installed - I receive no pop-ups.

Then why all the 3rd party soluytions. A lot of people having trouble with update manager looking for UM.MSI.

Could be installing from the DVD using up date manager vs. down load from the web site.

Archived