Full Face Disc

rmsexson

Question

:)

I am VERY frustrated, I cannot find any info on how to make the label I'm working with a "full coverage label".

I have 7.5 and I have gone thru everything over and over and cannot see where I can make the template a full face, I have Neato labels.

When I do print, it prints ok. I am also frustrated because it prints to the side also like it's trying to print either the spine or utility label and once again i can't seem to find out how to correct that.

About to go to another program, PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Kristina Marie's Official Website!

3 answers to this question

I use Neato labels exclusivly and I also use their program for printing labels. I use their "US CD with Core and Spline" labels, as you can print the spline for the edges of the CD case and also print on a "core" (the core cylindrical and is slightly larger than the hole in the disk and you can print on that portion also. Their label printing program is free when you go to their web site. I have both versions (Media Face II and IV) and I don't like their version 4. I have made many labels that cover the entire label, but that is when I go to "Insert" on the menu and click on "Picture". I only use jpeg and/or bmp files. Then when the picture is entered I go to "Picture" on the menu and click on "Fit To Label". Most of the time before you can use the Fit To Label, you have to decrease the size of the photo. . It doesn't crop it it just makes it a smaller image. When that has been done the entire photo covers the entire label, EXCEPT that the hole in the middle of the DVD or CD disk is still a hole so the portion of the photo that is on that area of the disk is absent. One just need to pick photos where the hole area of the photo, is not something that you want printed anyway.

I think that might be what the OP means by "Full Coverage Label". Yes---no-- what say you OP ?

Frank.....

:)

I am VERY frustrated, I cannot find any info on how to make the label I'm working with a "full coverage label".

I have 7.5 and I have gone thru everything over and over and cannot see where I can make the template a full face, I have Neato labels.

When I do print, it prints ok. I am also frustrated because it prints to the side also like it's trying to print either the spine or utility label and once again i can't seem to find out how to correct that.

About to go to another program, PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Kristina Marie's Official Website!

I'm not sure what the exact issue is here - so here are a couple of questions and thoughts . .

Exactly what parts of the label setup are you working with? CD Label, front, back, booklet, all of the above? Open up "file" - "page setup" from the top tool bar to see what your current settings are. You should set each tab to the type of label you want to use. For example, in my program, I have booklet and back set to "generic" (since I print on plain paper) - and disc label set to a custom layout for "SureThing" labels to use the remaining adhesive disc labels I still have.

What do you mean by a "full coverage label"? Which type label are you working with? Are you speaking of how it prints out - or how it looks on the monitor - or both? Is it not filling up the outline for the label area? Are you using imported images? Text boxes? Is the resizing of these not working correctly (click on them and drag the corners or sides to enlarge/shrink)?

Is the view on your monitor an issue? I find I have to change the zoom % to 75% to see the full booklet layout on some monitors. You can click "view" - "zoom" to adjust.

I'm not sure how these "Neato" labels work. What is included on the format? Maybe tell us the actual form number of these labels and maybe we can see what they look like?

I'm hoping one of these questions/comments will lead us to a better understanding of the problem and a solution for you.

Guest mlpasley

I think I know what she means by 'full coverage label' and I don't think this program can do it.

You know that 'hole' in the middle? Well a full coverage label doesn't have that large hole. (a very small one, perhaps for the tiny hole in the middle of the DVD)

You can see the problem if you go to the menu at the top and select View/ Show as printed. She doesn't want that big white space in the middle.

Did the Neato labels happen to come with software that would allow you to print a solid label?

Archived