• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc 7.5 Won't Recognize My Video Files

stevedt

Question

i've been thru these forums, tried all the suggestions, ie rolled-back wmp to 9, ie to 6, still no results. i even went and bought nero9 cuz this more expensive program won't work, problem there is, nero is so slow.

so if anyone else has any other suggestions, feel free!

i'm using emc 7.5, tried both videowave and dvd builder, same results, shows file folders and that's it.

roxio says they won't make a patch to fix the problem cuz it's 2 versions old already, well roxio, i can guarantee that i won't buy your product again if i can't get this to work. $100 wasted.

video originated from jvc camcorder w/30gb hd, i can play the files on wmp

5 answers to this question

Your JVC Everio uses a proprietary format for recording, and if it is widescreen, EMC 7.5, the FOUR versions old, software, does not support widescreen, so it isn't going to be able to use your videos.

Look around the forums for a pinned topic on your JVC video camera.

Edit: Here is the link:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=37629

BTW, where did you buy your EMC 7.5? If you just purchased it, recently, you have been ripped off, if you really paid $100 for it.

bought it at best buy, 79.99 on sale, june of 05, lol. thanx for the info on the widescreen, that's what i'm doing video in. guess i'll stick with nero

btw, thanx for the link, i'll try it out.

WebTicket

1/25/2009 let me apologize in advance to whomever reads this, it's not you, it's the product.

actually emc 7.5, but you don't have that option. this software (for lack of better words) won't recognize my video files from my jvc everio camcorder. i have rolled-back my media player to 9, have also rolled back my ie to 6, to no avail, same crap different day.

i guess paying you $100 for your software doesn't entitle me to a patch, or updates.

when i go into video wave or dvd builder, it shows the files, but it doesn't show anything in them, or when i go to drag them into their appropriate place, i get a circle with a line thru it.

in the forumn's, it suggests that i "UPGRADE" to 9 or 10, lmao. Once, shame on you, twice, shame on me!

What are the chances of me being a returning customer if this problem is not fixed, what are the chances of me suggesting any software from this company, what are the chances of me saying, "anything but ROXIO"

don't bother trying to blame microsoft, i've reverted my computer to the era when this software was to be working, but it still doesn't. the box says it's suppose to recognize MPEG-1/2/4, well?

You didn't pay one brass coin of whichever realm to me or anyone else here - we ain't Roxio, just users ;)

A red line through the file usually means you don't have the correct codecs for that to be handled. Check that with gspot

If you did install IE7 and WMP11 (and the software worked before that) the simple fact of installing those wrecked your video part of EMC 7 - you will have to co a complete clean install (check for pinned posts on the procedure for that)

Also keep in mind that the version you have is about 4 years out of date (current version is Creator 2009)

WebTicket

1/25/2009 let me apologize in advance to whomever reads this, it's not you, it's the product.

actually emc 7.5, but you don't have that option. this software (for lack of better words) won't recognize my video files from my jvc everio camcorder. i have rolled-back my media player to 9, have also rolled back my ie to 6, to no avail, same crap different day.

i guess paying you $100 for your software doesn't entitle me to a patch, or updates.

when i go into video wave or dvd builder, it shows the files, but it doesn't show anything in them, or when i go to drag them into their appropriate place, i get a circle with a line thru it.

in the forumn's, it suggests that i "UPGRADE" to 9 or 10, lmao. Once, shame on you, twice, shame on me!

What are the chances of me being a returning customer if this problem is not fixed, what are the chances of me suggesting any software from this company, what are the chances of me saying, "anything but ROXIO"

don't bother trying to blame microsoft, i've reverted my computer to the era when this software was to be working, but it still doesn't. the box says it's suppose to recognize MPEG-1/2/4, well?

Your JVC Everio uses a proprietary format for recording, and if it is widescreen, EMC 7.5, the FOUR versions old, software, does not support widescreen, so it isn't going to be able to use your videos.

Look around the forums for a pinned topic on your JVC video camera.

Edit: Here is the link:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=37629

BTW, where did you buy your EMC 7.5? If you just purchased it, recently, you have been ripped off, if you really paid $100 for it.

First let me say that not all Steves are that thick. Perhaps brain freeze. :o

That would be the only way a person who have payed $100 for a 4 version old piece of software. Perhaps he left out one important thing - that he bought it long ago and it has run well up to now. I guess that he is the type that would now complain that his 8 year old car radio doesn't have a jack for his new IPod! :P

Archived