• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

snap shoot

dcherry339

Question

1 answer to this question

How do you take a snap shoot of a movie using Popcorn 2. I have not figured out how to preview a movie but what I really want to do is take snap shoots of a movie. Can anyone help with simple instructions that even I can understand. Thank you.

From what I can tell this feature works with movies that are contained in a VIDEO_TS folder (the DVD, Image File or VIDEO_TS selections). It doesn't work with movies you can select using the "Video Files" setting in Popcorn. For that you might use QuickTime Pro or VLC Player.

Let's say your movie is in a VIDEO_TS folder and you've chosen VIDEO_TS as the format in the left-side window. When you choose your VIDEO_TS folder an Options button appears in the lower part of the Popcorn window. Click that button. You'll now see a new window with a thumbnail view of the movie. At the lower-left corner of that thumbnail there is a small triangle which is a play button. Click that and you'll get a larger view window with playback controls. The last icon in the playback controls is a camera. Click that to take the snapshot which is immediately saved to your Desktop with the name "DVD screenshot.jpg."

Archived