• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Keep Getting "the Recorder Is Busy..." Msg.

toddzilla

I'm using version 6.2.0.130 and after successfully burning files to several DVDs a few days ago, now when I click on the "format disc" option in drag-to-disc, I get an error message that says "The recorder is busy, please try again later." In the drive bar it properly identifies the drive and that there's a blank disc inside, but won't let me go beyond that. As an alternative, I try Creator Classic, but it says "Please insert a blank disc" below the data project size bar, even though there's a blank disc in there. If I go ahead and click through to try and burn a disc, it says "Your recorder is in use by ACCD Codec. Close any other Roxio application that may be using the recorder or eject the drag-to-disc media." I've tried unplugging and disconnecting the DVD burner from my computer, to no avail.

Any ideas on how I can solve this would be very much appreciated!

I'm using version 6.2.0.130 and after successfully burning files to several DVDs a few days ago, now when I click on the "format disc" option in drag-to-disc, I get an error message that says "The recorder is busy, please try again later." In the drive bar it properly identifies the drive and that there's a blank disc inside, but won't let me go beyond that.

What sort of discs are you trying to format there, please? Writeable or re-writeable DVDs ??

When you're told the recorder is busy, are you told what program is already using it?

As an alternative, I try Creator Classic, but it says "Please insert a blank disc" below the data project size bar, even though there's a blank disc in there. If I go ahead and click through to try and burn a disc, it says "Your recorder is in use by ACCD Codec. Close any other Roxio application that may be using the recorder or eject the drag-to-disc media."

That sounds as if you're using a disc partly or fully formatted by drag-to-disc. Creator Classic will not work with discs formatted by or for drag-to-disc. A formatted disc isn't blank, but has several hundred MBs of formatting taking up room on it, which is why Creator wants you to eject it.

Do you have any other CD/DVD writing software installed on your system, or have you had in the past anything like Sonic DLA or Nero InCD?

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks for the response, Brendon. I'm just using blank DVD-R discs, the same discs I've been using until it stopped working. I can't get drag-to-disc to format a disc, and can't get Creator Classic to recognize the disc. The error message implies that another Roxio program is in use, but there is no other Roxio program in use. And Roxio is the only CD/DVD burning software I have installed.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the response, Brendon. I'm just using blank DVD-R discs, the same discs I've been using until it stopped working. I can't get drag-to-disc to format a disc, and can't get Creator Classic to recognize the disc. The error message implies that another Roxio program is in use, but there is no other Roxio program in use. And Roxio is the only CD/DVD burning software I have installed.

Archived