• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Easy Audio Capture

bigfella

Question

12 answers to this question

Walt:

Your screenclip is from an XP installation. Easy Audio Capture doesn't show in that menu in Vista.

Terry:

Sound Editor has a different audio capture from the EAC gadget.

Bigfella,

At the top of your Vista sidebar is a little capsule-shaped box with a plus [+] sign at the left. Click on that plus sign, and the "Gadget Gallery" will open. The Easy Audio Capture [EAC] gadget is shown on the left of the middle row in mine.

post-208-1233184130.png

Double-click on that icon and the EAC Gadget will pop up in your Vista sidebar ready for use. You have a record button, a stop button, and the two dotted lines are the left and right channel indicators.

Run your mouse over the icon and you'll see a spanner symbol which allows you to configure the gadget.

post-208-1233185175.jpg

Here's the EAC gadget in the top of my sidebar. You can also see the capsule-shaped box I spoke of, just above it.

post-208-1233184914.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Bigfella,

We've done the original topic to death and fixed the business about EAC, so I think we should leave that here and finish this topic.

I think the new problem you have is a "permissions" problem with Vista, not the Roxio program, and we can start a new topic for that if we can't get it fixed quickly. Check for a PM I've sent you.

Regards,

Brendon

Walt:

Your screenclip is from an XP installation. Easy Audio Capture doesn't show in that menu in Vista.

Terry:

Sound Editor has a different audio capture from the EAC gadget.

Bigfella,

At the top of your Vista sidebar is a little capsule-shaped box with a plus [+] sign at the left. Click on that plus sign, and the "Gadget Gallery" will open. The Easy Audio Capture [EAC] gadget is shown on the left of the middle row in mine.

post-208-1233184130.png

Double-click on that icon and the EAC Gadget will pop up in your Vista sidebar ready for use. You have a record button, a stop button, and the two dotted lines are the left and right channel indicators.

Run your mouse over the icon and you'll see a spanner symbol which allows you to configure the gadget.

post-208-1233185175.jpg

Here's the EAC gadget in the top of my sidebar. You can also see the capsule-shaped box I spoke of, just above it.

post-208-1233184914.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

See what the CAPITALs did to my reading :unsure: the post

Why would the Home page be different for different OS? That would indicate that there are 2 different "interfaces" in EMC 10.

See what the CAPITALs did to my reading :unsure: the post

Why would the Home page be different for different OS? That would indicate that there are 2 different "interfaces" in EMC 10.

I thought we had discussed that when 10 first appeared, Walt. :huh: That's what rang the dusty bell in my memory when Bigfella's question appeared.

In 10.0 and 10.1 they made EAC a Gadget in Vista, and an app in XP, so it doesn't appear on the ordinary interface.

They seem to have changed back to the old situation in 11.

Regards,

Brendon

Gidday BigFella,

Yes, the top line of Easy Media Creators is currently "Creator 2009" [which is the confusing name they gave 'Easy Media Creator 11' for some unexplained reason]. Customers now get tangled up between 'Easy Media Creator 9' which also calls itself 'Creator 9' and 'Creator 2009'. [confused? It gets worse :) ]

To get back to your question, I think that Creator 2009 doesn't add much more than EMC 10 except a new set of clothes screens, unless you want to go capturing Video and Audio with the new Roxio USB capture device. For that you need Creator 2009 with the new C2009 Service Pack 3 applied. Oh, and C2009 has EAC in Vista as an application, not a Gadget, if that counts :)

Ooroo,

Brendon

G'day Mate How you doin Brenno Bugger it i am bloody confused but ill get there ..Brendon yesterday i tried to re-install emc 10

in my windows vista home premium suddenly i get this message you have havent got specified access to Install? Why is that i have purchased i put in the correct codes "crikey" i cant work it out please help i have taken a screen shot of the error message how do i insert this in the email to send it to you?

Edited to get the post out of the quote.

Gidday BigFella,

Yes, the top line of Easy Media Creators is currently "Creator 2009" [which is the confusing name they gave 'Easy Media Creator 11' for some unexplained reason]. Customers now get tangled up between 'Easy Media Creator 9' which also calls itself 'Creator 9' and 'Creator 2009'. [confused? It gets worse :) ]

To get back to your question, I think that Creator 2009 doesn't add much more than EMC 10 except a new set of clothes screens, unless you want to go capturing Video and Audio with the new Roxio USB capture device. For that you need Creator 2009 with the new C2009 Service Pack 3 applied. Oh, and C2009 has EAC in Vista as an application, not a Gadget, if that counts :)

Ooroo,

Brendon

Please turn off the caps lock when posting unless you have a visual problem.

Do you have the full retail version of EMC 10 or an OEM version? Where have you checked if you have Easy Audio Capture?

Hi i am sorry about hte upper case writing i have the full version EMC 10 which i purched in 2007

I USE A TOSHIBA SAT PRO 100 LAPTOP 1.73GHZ 80 HDD 2GB MEM WHEN I INSTALLED EMC10 ON IT EVERYTHING ELSE IS THERE BUT NOT ROXIO EASY AUDIO CAPTURE ? I AM USING WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM PLEASE HELP

Please turn off the caps lock when posting unless you have a visual problem.

Do you have the full retail version of EMC 10 or an OEM version? Where have you checked if you have Easy Audio Capture?

Isn't version 10's EAC a sidebar GADGET in Vista? I seem to remember it was on my machine, but it has been a while since I went there and I have version 11 on now.

Have a look in the available gadgets list for it, BigFella.

Edit:

Yes, I went and had a look for it in my EMC 10 on Vista, and there it is :) Bottom of the clip.

post-208-1232966201.jpg

Cheers,

Brendon

Archived