• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problem With Bd-re Disc

Videoberry

Question

On my very first attempt to burn a blu-ray disc, when Toast gets to the Formatting window, a message appears: "Couldn't set up the track for writing." I then tried to burn to a DVD-R disc and was somewhat successful. I'll address those problems at another time. The disc is a new Sony BD-RE. Do I need to change a setting somewhere?

Bruce

6 answers to this question

Here is the system profiler information:

Firmware Revision: 1.00

Interconnect: FireWire

Burn Support: Yes (Unsupported)

Profile Path: None

Cache: 8192 KB

Reads DVD: Yes

CD-Write: -R, -RW

DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RAM, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL

Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes

Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes

Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, DVD-DAO

Media:

Media Type: DVD-RAM

Blank: Yes

Erasable: No

Overwritable: Yes

Appendable: Yes

I was able to do a quick erase. I tried again to burn to the BD-RE disc, but still got the same error message.

I don't know what dynamic writing is, but I want to burn a BD video project, not data. I've been practicing with a one minute long 1080p video which worked on a DVD-R as long as I set it for auto start. I ordered OSX.5, but I'm guessing that is not going to fix my problem.

I noticed in the system requirements posted by sknis that Toast 10 requires a Mac with Mac OS X v10.5.x. I'm using Mac OS X v10.4.11.x. Could that be my problem? I am able to get a DVD-R to burn a high definition video, but the menus don't work. If Leopard is required, this will be the first software I've installed that wouldn't work on Tiger.

Archived