• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Stacy Phillips

Interface Error:-32030 The Connection Is Not Stable

Question

The following is an exchange I just had with Roxio tech support. I have a new iMac with 10.5.6 installed so I can't revert to an earlier version. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Me: I just installed an version 10 upgrade from version 8. I copied a CD onto Titanium 10 and then inserted a blank CD to make a copy and got the following: "Interface Error:-32030 The connection is not stable".

What happened? What should I do?

tech support: Have you installed Mac OS X updates? It is being reported that issues similar to yours are happening to users in similar conditions using Mac OS X 10.5.6

Please remove last updates or use the Time Machine to revert to a period prior to the latest Mac updates

Me: I have a 2 week old iMac with OS 10.5.6 installed. So there has been no update from a previous OS. Now what? This happened with my Toast Titanium 8 and I was told to upgrade.

Are you working on a fix?

tech support: Please contact apple as this is a hardware related issue.

10 answers to this question

Yours is an unusual issue (I haven't heard of it before with CD burning) and it may, indeed, be a hardware issue. Apple will want you to try burning CDs using the Finder and iTunes to see if it works using their applications.

I once bought a new G4 iBook from Apple that wouldn't burn discs when it arrived. I inserted the software install disc that came with the iBook and did a complete re-install of the OS and all software. After that the drive worked great. So yours also could be a faulty install of the OS. If that is the case you might simply download from Apple and install the OS 10.5.6 combined system updater. Applying the updater on top of an existing 10.5.6 system installation is known to fix odd problems that can happen during incremental system updates.

The interface error indicates that communication with the drive is failed.

I downloaded Burn software and was able to burn 2 different cd's. So it is apparently, not a hardware issue. And Roxio tech support acknowledges that there have been other reports of this problem.

Have you tried trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your user>Library>Preferences folder and relaunching Toast?

Hi Stacy and tsantee,

Like you stacy I have been receiving the Toast Error 32030. As yet I have not reported it to Roxio but intend to. My problem also occurred when I was using version 9 and I think that the problem started about the time that I did the last update, ie to 10.5.6. I have been trying burning with IDVD and Finder and both have been successful. Also I have had the situation where the system has actually frozen and I have had to re-boot, (shades of Windows OS)

I must admit that I am glad to read that I am not the only one that has had a problem

Roxio finally suggested trashing preferences which, so far, has cured the problem. Here's the crux of their instructions. Thanks for the help.

roxio said:

Please follow the Folder Paths below. Once in the Specified folder, please move the following files to the Trash Can. Once all files are move to the Trash, please follow the instrcutions below.

Folder Paths:

Macintosh HD/Library/Prefrences/

Macintosh HD/Users/(your user name)/Library/Prefrences/

Trash these below files from both folders above(if found in both):

com.BelightSoft.DiscCover2.plist

com.BelightSoft.GetBackup2.plist

com.boinx.fotomagico.plist

com.elgato.VideoPlayer.plist

com.lightcrafts.app

com.lightcrafts.jai.plist

com.lightcrafts.metadata2.plist

com.lightcrafts.templates.plist

com.lightcrafts.ui.plist

com.lightcrafts.utils.plist

com.lqgraphics.motionpictures.plist

com.CDSpinDoctor6.plist

com.roxio.Deepseasoftware.CDSpindoctor.plist

com.roxio.Popcorn.plist

com.roxio.Streamer.plist

com.roxio.Toast.plist

com.tivo.desktop.plist

Popcorn Preferences

Roxio Toast Prefs

And any other com.Roxio.* files found. If you do not see the files in one folder, please check the other.

Now you will need to Secure Empty your Trash. Close all windows and return to your desktop, click Finder(menubar)> Secure Empty Trash and restart the computer.

Roxio finally suggested trashing preferences which, so far, has cured the problem. Here's the crux of their instructions. Thanks for the help.

roxio said:

Please follow the Folder Paths below. Once in the Specified folder, please move the following files to the Trash Can. Once all files are move to the Trash, please follow the instrcutions below.

Folder Paths:

Macintosh HD/Library/Prefrences/

Macintosh HD/Users/(your user name)/Library/Prefrences/

Trash these below files from both folders above(if found in both):

com.BelightSoft.DiscCover2.plist

com.BelightSoft.GetBackup2.plist

com.boinx.fotomagico.plist

com.elgato.VideoPlayer.plist

com.lightcrafts.app

com.lightcrafts.jai.plist

com.lightcrafts.metadata2.plist

com.lightcrafts.templates.plist

com.lightcrafts.ui.plist

com.lightcrafts.utils.plist

com.lqgraphics.motionpictures.plist

com.CDSpinDoctor6.plist

com.roxio.Deepseasoftware.CDSpindoctor.plist

com.roxio.Popcorn.plist

com.roxio.Streamer.plist

com.roxio.Toast.plist

com.tivo.desktop.plist

Popcorn Preferences

Roxio Toast Prefs

And any other com.Roxio.* files found. If you do not see the files in one folder, please check the other.

Now you will need to Secure Empty your Trash. Close all windows and return to your desktop, click Finder(menubar)> Secure Empty Trash and restart the computer.

Stacy,

I'm glad Roxio came up with a solution for you. I reverted to OS 10.5 and reloaded Toast 10 and have been successful with several burns and disk copies (not that you had the option of reverting to 10.5). However, I will try the Roxio solution after I update the OS system

Good Luck and enjoy your Mac

The following is an exchange I just had with Roxio tech support. I have a new iMac with 10.5.6 installed so I can't revert to an earlier version. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Me: I just installed an version 10 upgrade from version 8. I copied a CD onto Titanium 10 and then inserted a blank CD to make a copy and got the following: "Interface Error:-32030 The connection is not stable".

What happened? What should I do?

tech support: Have you installed Mac OS X updates? It is being reported that issues similar to yours are happening to users in similar conditions using Mac OS X 10.5.6

Please remove last updates or use the Time Machine to revert to a period prior to the latest Mac updates

Me: I have a 2 week old iMac with OS 10.5.6 installed. So there has been no update from a previous OS. Now what? This happened with my Toast Titanium 8 and I was told to upgrade.

Are you working on a fix?

tech support: Please contact apple as this is a hardware related issue.

I have the oldest G4 running Roxio Toast Titanium in existence and just had the same unstable error -50 occur. Never had it before, using all the same equipment.

Tried changing the DVD blank media itself, just in case it was a problem with the disc. Sure enough, it wrote to the new one just fine. BUT I noticed the blank one it wrote to was a different brand. I was using Fujifilm DVD-R, tried another Fujifilm and got the same error. Tried a generic DVD-R and it worked INSTANTLY.

Same situation occurred when I tried to then COPY the DVD that worked. I tried to copy it to one of the Fujifilm discs, and it gave me the same error. I changed from Fuji to a Maxell DVD-R and it worked just fine. So something about the Fujifilm discs (purchased at Office Max I believe) was wonky, as far as I can tell. I did not do one software or hardware update or trash prefs, all I did was change the brand of the DVD media and it worked completely normally. I hope this works for you! VERY RARELY do I get so lucky that the solution was this easy. Frustrating though, I have a stack of new Fujifilm discs!!!!!!!

Good luck,

Lorre

MasterPeaceProductions.com

I had just done a shoot yesterday, and I wanted to burn the client a DVD. I am using a Lacie D2 on a iBook G4 (shock horror I hear you say). So I kept getting the error (Interface Error........).

So I wasted 12 Lightscribe disks trying to get it to burn and then I dumped the prefs that were asked of me and it works just fine.

I wanted to say thanks !!!!!!!!

Hi All,

I just bought toast, and downloaded 10. It didn't work!! I too got the same error messages (and refusal to burn CDs)

My computer is a G4 powerbook 1.5GHz PowerPC, running OSX 10.5.8

I looked for the files as detailed above within the library folders. I only found a couple: Roxio Toast Prefs and com.roxio.Toast.plist.

I deleted these files, and restarted the computer.

To my great delight........ IT WORKED!

Thanks for the above posts!

:)