• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dazzle DVC90 not capturing video to EMC8 deluxe

codyandnicole@mcleodusa.net

Question

I have recently purchased EMC8 deluxe. Everything works great exept the dazzle. When I go to import and capture files I have a black screen and the audio is scatchy. I am sure I am just not doing something right. Hooked dazzle up to my camcorder and the samething again. Using firewire from my dv worked great. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

My laptop is a HP Pavillion DV8110us. Amd turion 64 mobile technology ml-32 processor. 787 mhz, 512 mb ram. ATI graphics, radeon xpress 200m. Recently updated to newest download.

8 answers to this question

Yes, sorry. :)

I'm still trying to figure out how to reply to two different posts in the same thread. When I do try, the blankety-blank thing puts the second post in with the first post. I know if I go completely out of the boards and come back later, I can add the second post. Makes it difficult to reply to the right person when a thread gets hijacked. :D

hehehehe Steve. I think that you meant to reply to the OP. :huh:

Yes, sorry. :)

I'm still trying to figure out how to reply to two different posts in the same thread. When I do try, the blankety-blank thing puts the second post in with the first post. I know if I go completely out of the boards and come back later, I can add the second post. Makes it difficult to reply to the right person when a thread gets hijacked. :huh:

LOL. I know what you are saying. Actually, what you do is reply to his thread first. Click on Add Reply, and you see your reply to him. Now, if you want to reply to my post, do the same thing. When you back out, and come back in, both of your replies will be in one post, with both posts that you are answering, being in quote form, and in the proper order.

This may be of no help, but I had problems when I first hooked mine up......delays bad audio the whole nine yards. I used one of the usb ports on the front of my really cheap, piece of junk. It was one I use all the time for thumb drives, external burners and such. After much gnashing of teeth I plugged it into one of the back ports that I never use. All problems solved and I have transvered many tapes now.

Of course ymmv!

Cheers!

I have recently purchased EMC8 deluxe. Everything works great exept the dazzle. When I go to import and capture files I have a black screen and the audio is scatchy. I am sure I am just not doing something right. Hooked dazzle up to my camcorder and the samething again. Using firewire from my dv worked great. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

My laptop is a HP Pavillion DV8110us. Amd turion 64 mobile technology ml-32 processor. 787 mhz, 512 mb ram. ATI graphics, radeon xpress 200m. Recently updated to newest download.

I don't know if anyone has been able to use the Dazzle. It does not work for me, trying to record from my VCR. I think it is an issue with the Dazzle driver.

The Dazzle DVC90 seems to be one of the worst products on the market.

I got mine with the Easy Media Creator 8 Deluxe package.

I spent 2 days messing around with it and looking for help on the net.

Every place I looked I found disgruntled users by the dozens.

I never did find any solutions.

Today I went to my local Best Buy and bought an ATI TV Wonder Pro card for $60.

I was fully prepared to take it back (that’s why I bought it locally) if I had any problems with it.

It works like a champ, it is recognized by Video Wave and Windows Movie maker and copies nice clean video without a hassle. In addition all I had to do was run a coaxial cable from my Dish Box to the VCR I have connected to my computer and I have TV on my computer. The included software will automatically record TV to your hard drive or DVD drive, like a video disk recorder.

I wish I hadn’t wasted so much time messing around with the Dazzle, I’ve never seen a product with so many problems. And to top it off, as far as I could see you can’t get any tech support if you bought it through Roxio because you don’t have a registration number. My dazzle came in a plastic bag with no documentation at all.

Mike

The Dazzle DVC90 seems to be one of the worst products on the market.

I got mine with the Easy Media Creator 8 Deluxe package.

I spent 2 days messing around with it and looking for help on the net.

Every place I looked I found disgruntled users by the dozens.

I never did find any solutions.

Today I went to my local Best Buy and bought an ATI TV Wonder Pro card for $60.

I was fully prepared to take it back (that’s why I bought it locally) if I had any problems with it.

It works like a champ, it is recognized by Video Wave and Windows Movie maker and copies nice clean video without a hassle. In addition all I had to do was run a coaxial cable from my Dish Box to the VCR I have connected to my computer and I have TV on my computer. The included software will automatically record TV to your hard drive or DVD drive, like a video disk recorder.

I wish I hadn’t wasted so much time messing around with the Dazzle, I’ve never seen a product with so many problems. And to top it off, as far as I could see you can’t get any tech support if you bought it through Roxio because you don’t have a registration number. My dazzle came in a plastic bag with no documentation at all.

Mike

The one thing that I wanted the Dazzle for, was to capture from my VCR in .avi format. I can't do that with my Hauppauge card. The best I can capture in, is .mpeg2 format.

I don't know if anyone has been able to use the Dazzle. It does not work for me, trying to record from my VCR. I think it is an issue with the Dazzle driver.

It does work for me but I don't like the quality. MPG2 was OK but AVI was not as good. What are you trying to capture from? No matter what you try, capturing from other than that digital video camera using firewire will never be as good. Make sure you have good wires and good connections from your VCR/video camera. Make sure that nothing else is running, that you have turned off all power savings features, set the computer to best performance, have defragged your hard drive and that you have lots of space. What format are you capturing in? Make sure the capture is set for NTSC in the US and PAL if you are in one of the countries that use PAL. For some reason the device comes with the PAL default. Use the advanced button then Video Decoder, then NSTC_M.

It does work for me but I don't like the quality. MPG2 was OK but AVI was not as good. What are you trying to capture from? No matter what you try, capturing from other than that digital video camera using firewire will never be as good. Make sure you have good wires and good connections from your VCR/video camera. Make sure that nothing else is running, that you have turned off all power savings features, set the computer to best performance, have defragged your hard drive and that you have lots of space. What format are you capturing in? Make sure the capture is set for NTSC in the US and PAL if you are in one of the countries that use PAL. For some reason the device comes with the PAL default. Use the advanced button then Video Decoder, then NSTC_M.

hehehehe Steve. I think that you meant to reply to the OP. :)

Archived