• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Audio On Burned Dvds

jzupan

Question

Good morning. If anyone can help with this issue, it would be appreciated.

I have Creator 2009 (the Costco version with the USB capture device). I am able to successfully capture VHS tape content to a digital file, and the audio/video are fine when played on the computer. Once I burn to a DVD and then put said DVD into my player to watch on TV, however, the audio is only BARELY audible when I turn my sound system up ALL the way.

I have no problem copying DVDs using my computer, with the resulting DVDs playing fine on my home theater system. I am only having problems with DVDs burned using Creator09/Create DVDs-Advanced.

More details...

- My computer is an Acer running Vista.

- I am using the video capture USB that came with the Roxio software.

- I am using HP DVD+R 4.7GB media.

- I am capturing the VHS source material as DVD SP (352x480, MPEG-2, 4Mbps)

If you need more info to help answer this, please let me know and thank you in advance.

Joe

9 answers to this question

Where don't you hear the audio from the burned DVD? On your computer, or your set top DVD player?

Thanks for the question. The DVDs play fine (video and audio) on my computer, but the volume is basically inaudible on my home theater system. I can barely hear it even with the volume turned up to max.

Thanks for the question. The DVDs play fine (video and audio) on my computer, but the volume is basically inaudible on my home theater system. I can barely hear it even with the volume turned up to max.

Have you tried it on a different DVD player?

My guess now is that there is something wrong with your home theater system.

Usually, if it plays and has audio on your computer, then ......

If it plays fine on your computer then there is no problem with the DVD and fault is with your home system. Do you have a separate volume control on your DVD player which is turned down?

If it plays fine on your computer then there is no problem with the DVD and fault is with your home system. Do you have a separate volume control on your DVD player which is turned down?

Strange. Nope, there is no volume control that I know of. Every other DVD plays fine in the player, except ones burned from VHS sources. Even the menus created by Roxio Creator work, including the volume of the audio running in the background. It's when I choose to watch the content that the sound disappears, which is why I think it's something with the process, not the DVD player, but I could be wrong.

Is you set top DVD player, a Samsung, by chance? If so, in My DVD, in your project settings, change the audio to LPCM.

Strange. Nope, there is no volume control that I know of. Every other DVD plays fine in the player, except ones burned from VHS sources. Even the menus created by Roxio Creator work, including the volume of the audio running in the background. It's when I choose to watch the content that the sound disappears, which is why I think it's something with the process, not the DVD player, but I could be wrong.

Have you tried it on another or a friends DVD player?

Good morning. If anyone can help with this issue, it would be appreciated.

I have Creator 2009 (the Costco version with the USB capture device). I am able to successfully capture VHS tape content to a digital file, and the audio/video are fine when played on the computer. Once I burn to a DVD and then put said DVD into my player to watch on TV, however, the audio is only BARELY audible when I turn my sound system up ALL the way.

More details...

- My computer is an Acer running Vista.

- I am using the video capture USB that came with the Roxio software.

- I am using HP DVD+R 4.7GB media, the same I use with ????,????? and ImbBurn.

- I am capturing the VHS source material as DVD SP (352x480, MPEG-2, 4Mbps)

If you need more info to help answer this, please let me know and thank you in advance.

Joe

Why are you capturing to such low quality? You should be capturing to avi or 720x480 for best quality.

BTW, please remove references to the DVD ripping programs - discussions of what you are doing can get this board in trouble. It is also illegal :unsure:

Why are you capturing to such low quality? You should be capturing to avi or 720x480 for best quality.

BTW, please remove references to the DVD ripping programs - discussions of what you are doing can get this board in trouble. It is also illegal :unsure:

Thanks for the note.

Does that make a difference with regard to audio not showing up at all once I burn it? The audio is fine once I capture it and play it using my computer. The audio only has problems once I burn to DVD.

I am not doing anything illegal. I burn DVDs and videotapes of only public domain or home movies taken by various family members.

Thanks for the note.

Does that make a difference with regard to audio not showing up at all once I burn it? The audio is fine once I capture it and play it using my computer. The audio only has problems once I burn to DVD.

I am not doing anything illegal. I burn DVDs and videotapes of only public domain or home movies taken by various family members.

Where don't you hear the audio from the burned DVD? On your computer, or your set top DVD player?

Archived