Problem Installing

ArtBrill

Question

I'm following the directions that came with the program. I connect the USB first. Screen says it's looking for software on C that's not installed as of yet. I look for the installation program for the USB on the CD, find it and install it. Then I run set up which seems to take forever. A lot of sub-directories are listed in Windows Explorer but not the main program or the desktop icon. I've installed it successfuly on my Dell laptop. Thuis machine is a Dell XPS 410. I don't have a clue. Any ideas or suggestions.

4 answers to this question

I'm following the directions that came with the program. I connect the USB first. Screen says it's looking for software on C that's not installed as of yet. I look for the installation program for the USB on the CD, find it and install it. Then I run set up which seems to take forever. A lot of sub-directories are listed in Windows Explorer but not the main program or the desktop icon. I've installed it successfuly on my Dell laptop. Thuis machine is a Dell XPS 410. I don't have a clue. Any ideas or suggestions.

Hi Art -

Do you have any preexisting Roxio programs that came bundled with your Dell on your machine?

Thanks,

Jon

I did when I first installed the program and couldn't get it to run. Using Add/Remove in the control panel I got rid of all other Roxio programs to no avail. What I seem to be missing is the core program that contols all the sub-programs and is tied to the desktop icon (which I also don't have). However, I can run each of the seperate elements from app programs located in all the sub-directories.

Hi Art -

Do you have any preexisting Roxio programs that came bundled with your Dell on your machine?

Thanks,

Jon

First make sure that you don't have any Roxio software installed in the Add/Remove Programs if you plan on installing. If you have previous Roxio products installed, Easy VHS to DVD will install them - or try to - depending on how old they are.

When you insert the USB device before installing, ignore the Windows set up wizard. Otherwise, windows will try to assign it's own driver for the device which could mess up recognition.

Once you have made sure the wizard is stopped, then start the install for Easy VHS to DVD with the USB device still inserted and follow the onscreen instructions.

If you are still having issues with your capture device being recognized, try installing the drivers separately from the article Roxio Video Capture USB for Roxio Easy VHS to DVD is not recognized.

Jon