• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Ts Folders

Pianoman1976

Question

I'm researching TS folders, trying to determine how to burn/rip and other fun stuff.

I found this:

"Video-TS On a DVD disc, DVD movie files are stored in the VIDEO_TS folder. There is also an AUDIO_TS folder, this is where DVD-Audio would be stored, but usually the folder is empty."

Why is Audio TS usually empty? Where's the audio?

I'm curious because I'm wanting to make a DVD from Video TS folders I was given, yet I'm wondering where the audio is. There aren't any Audio TS folders in what I was given.

In Toast there is only a Video TS option - I don't see any sign of Audio TS. So maybe the audio is in the Video TS?

Please advise. Thanks.

2 answers to this question

DVD-Audio is an entirely different format than video DVD. The audio that's in your video DVD is within the VIDEO_TS folder. It is multiplexed (or muxed) with the video inside the VOB files so there is no separate video and audio files. They are joined.

It might help you to go to videohelp.com and read the "What is DVD?" link.

DVD-Audio is an entirely different format than video DVD. The audio that's in your video DVD is within the VIDEO_TS folder. It is multiplexed (or muxed) with the video inside the VOB files so there is no separate video and audio files. They are joined.

It might help you to go to videohelp.com and read the "What is DVD?" link.

Okay, that makes sense and clears up a lot of confusion. Thank you.

Archived