Effects in the Video Wave Program

screwylulu

Question

I recently had a little problem with my Roxio program, so I uninstalled and then re-nstalled it. However, upon reinstallation, I no longer have all of the lighting effects and the lettering options that I initially had in Video Wave. There are about thirty or forty lighting effects and thirty or forty different types of text to add, before. Now there are ten of each. I tried modifying and repairing the program from the original CD, but it doesn't change anything.

If anyone can give me a clue about how to get my effects back, I would greatly appreciate it. Many thanks.

5 answers to this question

I recently had a little problem with my Roxio program, so I uninstalled and then re-nstalled it. However, upon reinstallation, I no longer have all of the lighting effects and the lettering options that I initially had in Video Wave. There are about thirty or forty lighting effects and thirty or forty different types of text to add, before. Now there are ten of each. I tried modifying and repairing the program from the original CD, but it doesn't change anything.

If anyone can give me a clue about how to get my effects back, I would greatly appreciate it. Since I'm not sure how to use this site yet, and where I would look for a response, if you could E-Mail me at robroams@aol.com that would be great. Many thanks,

Did you add the Content CD? If so, try renaming the Media Manager folder, as follows:

Media Manager is a hidden file. Go to My Computer/Tools/Folder Options, click on View, scroll down to Hidden Files and folders, and click in the circle to the left of Show hidden files and folders. Click on Apply, then Ok.

a. Close all open applications, especially Roxio applications.

b. Open My Computer.

c. Double click on the C: drive and browse to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Roxio, where USERNAME is the name of the user you are currently logged in as.

d. Right click on the MediaManager8 folder and choose rename.

e. Name the folder MediaManager8.old

Look now, to see if everything is showing properly.

Many thanks for your response.

I tried loading the content CD, but nothing happens. In other words, it doesn't automatically run or give me options to add anything from it. I'm not sure exactly how to run it, or what parts to add. Also, the reason that I uninstalled, and then re-installed the program to begin with was that it was taking up too much space on my C drive, and when I wrote DVDs, the four gigs of temp files practically left my C drive completely full. I now have the Roxio program loaded onto my I drive, the latest drive I recently had installed that has over a hundred empty gigs. Any advice on going through the process, in this situation. Many thanks again.

Did you add the Content CD? If so, try renaming the Media Manager folder, as follows:

Media Manager is a hidden file. Go to My Computer/Tools/Folder Options, click on View, scroll down to Hidden Files and folders, and click in the circle to the left of Show hidden files and folders. Click on Apply, then Ok.

a. Close all open applications, especially Roxio applications.

b. Open My Computer.

c. Double click on the C: drive and browse to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Roxio, where USERNAME is the name of the user you are currently logged in as.

d. Right click on the MediaManager8 folder and choose rename.

e. Name the folder MediaManager8.old

Look now, to see if everything is showing properly.

Many thanks for your response.

I tried loading the content CD, but nothing happens. In other words, it doesn't automatically run or give me options to add anything from it. I'm not sure exactly how to run it, or what parts to add. Also, the reason that I uninstalled, and then re-installed the program to begin with was that it was taking up too much space on my C drive, and when I wrote DVDs, the four gigs of temp files practically left my C drive completely full. I now have the Roxio program loaded onto my I drive, the latest drive I recently had installed that has over a hundred empty gigs. Any advice on going through the process, in this situation. Many thanks again.

If that content CD did not autostart, you don't have Version 8. What version do you have? You posted in the Version 8 forum.

If that content CD did not autostart, you don't have Version 8. What version do you have? You posted in the Version 8 forum.

Didn't know there were different forums. I have version 7. It still seems like it would be modern enough to auto start and auto run. Most of my new programs have been doing that for at least ten years. Thanks.

Didn't know there were different forums. I have version 7. It still seems like it would be modern enough to auto start and auto run. Most of my new programs have been doing that for at least ten years. Thanks.

There is no autostart on the Content disk in version 7 or 7.5. The following is from a post that I made last year. :) :

To install it:

Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. Scroll down to Roxio EMC7 and click on it. Click on the Change button. The install wizard will come up. Click continue, I think. Then make sure Modify is highlighted and click on it. You may, at this time, have it load your Content disc on the hard drive. There are 3 places that you can click and select to install all of the Content disk. The places are in Video Wave, DVD Builder, and Photosuite. Click on the Content icon by each one and select "This feature will be installed on hard drive". Then click Next. It will then prompt you to put your Program Disk in the drive. Put it in. It does not reload the program. After about a minute or so, it will prompt you to insert your Content Disc. Do so, sit back, let it load, and you are done.

Archived