• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Capture Error Message

Phil Kelley

Question

I installed Roxio Easy VHD to DVD and was able to copy one Christmas VHS to the DVD But had no sound but the picture was fine. I decided to try again and now when I get to the 2nd step before I even am able to turn on the VHS player I get a Video Capture message, "Unknown Capture Error." I am running a Sony Computer VGC-RB42G with Windows XP/media. I have a older Sony SLV-780HP VHS player which only has the composite 3 cable hookup to the UBS 2861 device. I tried uninstalling Easy VHS to DVD and it didn't fix it, I still get the same message. Any help will be appreciated. :rolleyes:

5 answers to this question

I installed Roxio Easy VHD to DVD and was able to copy one Christmas VHS to the DVD But had no sound but the picture was fine. I decided to try again and now when I get to the 2nd step before I even am able to turn on the VHS player I get a Video Capture message, "Unknown Capture Error." I am running a Sony Computer VGC-RB42G with Windows XP/media. I have a older Sony SLV-780HP VHS player which only has the composite 3 cable hookup to the UBS 2861 device. I tried uninstalling Easy VHS to DVD and it didn't fix it, I still get the same message. Any help will be appreciated. :rolleyes:

Hi Phil -

Let's get some of the basics out of the way. I probably need to duplicate this article under "Resolving Common capture Issues", but it's a good start for eliminating variables.

Resolving Video Burning Issues

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Phil -

Let's get some of the basics out of the way. I probably need to duplicate this article under "Resolving Common capture Issues", but it's a good start for eliminating variables.

Resolving Video Burning Issues

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Jon

How does a new user get to this link, when he first comes on here?.

For the article? The Knowledge Base. Is this something we should pin?

For the article? The Knowledge Base. Is this something we should pin?

New users have no idea what The Knowledge Base is, something has to prompt the first time user that it is available. Its the same as the search engine,..... what do you search on...take this user for example, does he search on "Video Capture Error" or "no sound".

The tools are available but the new user has no idea how to get them, and if he does find it, how does he use it.

How this is accomplished is another issue.

I went through all the procedures that you advised but still get the error message.

I'm going to sleep on it tonight and get back to it tomorrow, good night, Phili Kelley