• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tivo Transfer, Not Transfering 100%

InvalidUserID

Question

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with my girlfriend's TiVo. The issue: Trying to pull shows off her TiVo (EDIT: HD TiVo) onto her MacBook so that the files can then be transferred to an external HD. The problem that I keep running into is that when I use TiVo Transfer to upload the file to the computer, it doesn't transfer 100% of the show. For example, the Obama ceremony shows 10+GB however after leaving the Mac transferring all night, only 3.8GB were transfered. Same thing goes with other shows...they aren't completing 100% transfer.

- Initially tried to transfer directly from TiVo to external HD, didn't work. Fresh 1TB HD so space wasn't an issue.

- Tried transferring shows to Mac HD, same problem. Over 50GB free space, so space wasn't an issue again.

- Media Access Key is correct.

- Thought maybe it was a WiFi hiccup, so I plugged everything into the MacBook (ethernet cable from TiVo to MacBook, USB from external HD to Macbook), still no go.

- The partially downloaded shows play on the Mac, however when trying to transfer file to external HD, there is an error message.

I'm not at her place right now so I can't give specifics but if anyone has any ideas/suggestions, I'll try them out tomorrow.

Edited by InvalidUserID

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet