Roxio Creator 9 De Clean Install

kingjames1

Question

5 answers to this question

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...6CR&PARAMS=

However, you will need an installation disc to re-install it and you may need to contact Dell for that.

Alternatively, 9 is two versions back so you could probably get the full suite fairly cheaply on Amazon (just make sure that it isn't a cut-down, crippled OEM version)

Thanks for the reply, I did all the procedures listed and some that are posted, still get 0643 error. I put the disc in and the setup window

comes up and flashes continually and stops to go through the setup, is this normal or a bad disc

The 'DE' says it is an OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] Version from DELL. Only Dell knows what is in it. You might try asking them, or, alternatively, Dell sponsors a user Forum similar to this one by Roxio.

Lynn

Thanks for your input, but Dell is useless with software support. The WMP won't play, because it needs the codec's from the Sonic part of the Roxio disc, is there a work around or a way to get the codec's somewhere.

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me, have an oem version on a new Dell with XP Pro, not working get 0643 error, is there a procedure for clean install?

Thanks in advance

An update: After many days of getting rid of the Roxio and Sonic traces, not being able to reinstall with my OEM disk from Dell, I called a Dell rep.. She connected to my pc to see what can be done, it's weird watching someone moving the mouse pointer. She did everything I did and even went to this site and did all that I did, that's a lot of dids. Her conclusion was to send me a new disk, let you know the outcome.

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...6CR&PARAMS=

However, you will need an installation disc to re-install it and you may need to contact Dell for that.

Alternatively, 9 is two versions back so you could probably get the full suite fairly cheaply on Amazon (just make sure that it isn't a cut-down, crippled OEM version)

Archived