• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Drives Not Detected

stickman1992

Question

Hi everyone, I recently bought a new pc tyhat came with the burning software NTI media maker 8 as a preinstalled software. I found this to be a really poor piece of software so decided to get easy media creator 10. I purchased this and installed onto my system and then opened the software and everything appeared fine the drive was recognised and everything was hunky dorey!! :rolleyes: , anyway i decided after a while to get rid of the NTI software to get rid of a programme i dont use and wont use so i uninstalled that software. Since then EMC just says no drive detected and i cant seem to do anything to get it to recognise the writer i have installed :angry: Is there anything anyone can suggest to remedy this? i am on Windows Vista SP1. I have tried reinstalling EMC 10 but that has not helped.Thanks for any help given

Edited by stickman1992

6 answers to this question

Its only in emc 10 that the drives not detected! i look in my computer and the drive is there and i can burn an audio CD through windows media player, It seems really strange this one!!!! I have tried the # 5 option on your list but that didnt work, as the system knows the drive i didnt do the other option of the registries dont know if i should.

I have tried the # 5 option on your list but that didnt work,

How and when did you try this? Did you follow the directions, apply it and reboot?

Find the controller the DVD Drives are on in device manager, right click, uninstall it, and reboot. Try it now..

cd

Hi I`ve got the same problem. After installing another application Vista did not find G or F drives. I uninstalled it and deleted upper and lower filters in the registry. Vista and all other products are now finding the drives. All that is except for EMC10. I`ve done a clean install, installed the PX Engine, and uninstalled the drivers all with reboots in between. Can you help please?