• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Signal Message - But Have Audio/video?

George Saridakis

Question

7 answers to this question

As a test, load up a tape that was successful before.

Does it still capture?

My thinking is that some of the tapes may have degraded to the threshold point???

Hi Jim,

Good suggestion - it works with at least two tapes, one prerecorded and one recorded by me.

What has me really confused is how the preview pane is playing the video/audio as I am not seeing or hearing any differences from a tape which does capture to a tape which cannot be captured.

Could you please expand on your concept of a "threshold point", and can you think of anyway to get past that issue, as some of these recordings are "priceless" (to me at least)?

thanks

George

Could you please expand on your concept of a "threshold point", and can you think of anyway to get past that issue, as some of these recordings are "priceless" (to me at least)?
If this is your issue, you could try purchasing a video amplifier. Radio Shack usually carries these. Make sure the salesman knows what you want. They also have RF amplifiers which are designed to go between antenna and TV. Tell him you need an amplifier for composite video (Yellow RCA).

George: While not the same error, here is a pre-Knowledgebase article on tape woes and reasons… Here

Hi Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to research this article pointer.

George

If this is your issue, you could try purchasing a video amplifier. Radio Shack usually carries these. Make sure the salesman knows what you want. They also have RF amplifiers which are designed to go between antenna and TV. Tell him you need an amplifier for composite video (Yellow RCA).

Hi Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me.

George

Archived