• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Video Wave Question

s123456w

Question

I am used to working in "Windows Movie Maker". When I insert a slide (photo or movie) I have the option of making that slide fade in or fade out or both. I simply highlight the slide, right click and click on one of the fade icons.

I have not been able to find a way to fade a slide in the "Video Wave" section of Roxio Creator 2009. Tech support has been pretty much worthless.

Does any one out there know if there is a way to make a slide (photo or movie) do a fade?

So far Roxio "Video Wave" has not been much better than "Windows Movie Maker" except it will import more types of files. I am hoping it is just because I don't know enough about using Video Wave.

Thanks for any help some one can give on this subject.

Dave Ward

6 answers to this question

I am used to working in "Windows Movie Maker". When I insert a slide (photo or movie) I have the option of making that slide fade in or fade out or both. I simply highlight the slide, right click and click on one of the fade icons.

I have not been able to find a way to fade a slide in the "Video Wave" section of Roxio Creator 2009. Tech support has been pretty much worthless.

Does any one out there know if there is a way to make a slide (photo or movie) do a fade?

So far Roxio "Video Wave" has not been much better than "Windows Movie Maker" except it will import more types of files. I am hoping it is just because I don't know enough about using Video Wave.

Thanks for any help some one can give on this subject.

Dave Ward

You use a transition. Watch this video from karri. You fade in the same way or fade from one image/video to another the same way.

OK but the OP was asking about fade in/fade out; not zoom in/zoom out. Did you see something I missed?

I hope this procedure may help though it is my first time to use Roxio. First, you should hightlight the item you want to edit, then go to tools (left panel of your screen, then choose show settings, then there are alot of options you may chosse there from fade in fade out, slide in/slide out, zoon in/zoom out, opacity, I hope this helps!

I hope this procedure may help though it is my first time to use Roxio. First, you should hightlight the item you want to edit, then go to tools (left panel of your screen, then choose show settings, then there are alot of options you may chosse there from fade in fade out, slide in/slide out, zoon in/zoom out, opacity, I hope this helps!

Are you talking about the text editor in Video Wave or are you talking about some other application like a Slide Show editor? My Video Wave doesn't work as you explained. Video Wave should be used for all video work and slide shows and combinations thereof. If you are using one of the Assisstants, then you lose a lot of options.

What product do you have and what application in that product? Since you are new to Roxio and these forums, it is best if you put your computer information and product information in your signature. Go to "My Controls" at the top of this page and then edit signature. Look at other signature to see what type of information that should be placed there.

That will work for overlays, but not for the main track.

In the preview window, look at the bottom line above the picture you have inserted. The last icon on that row is a hand with a pencil(?). It is the pan and zoom editor for that picture. Good luck.

OK but the OP was asking about fade in/fade out; not zoom in/zoom out. Did you see something I missed?

Archived