• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problem With Fast Playback

Isaac_R

Question

Hi,

My problem is that after capturing video to an AVI file using the "video capture" option on the main menu, when I try playing back the captured file, it plays it back at a higher speed making the video jerky and the audio high pitched. My camcorder is a Panasonic PV-GS29 which for some reason does not have a USB output - only composite. I came across Easy VHS to DVD and thought it would solve my problem, but ran into this.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

I addition to what Jim has mentioned, check out this article to get your machine up to speed for video related activities (it works for capturing as well):

Resolving Video Burning Issues

Jon

Very few devices can be used to capture with USB, so consider the lack of it a blessing in disguise

It could be that your PC lacks the horsepower needed for capture. List the specs please.

Meanwhile make sure your have the latest drivers for your Video card.

The system is a TOSHIBA Satellite A205 with dual T2330 @ 1.6 GHz. RAM is 2 GB with Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. The graphics interface is a Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family. Hope this helps. In the meanwhile I am trying out what Jonatsonic has posted.

I addition to what Jim has mentioned, check out this article to get your machine up to speed for video related activities (it works for capturing as well):

Resolving Video Burning Issues

Jon

Hi Jon,

I am trying the suggestions one by one. I have updated the DirectX version and found that the generated AVI file played normally for about 15 seconds before the problem returned. I will try the rest and report back.

Thanks.

Archived