Vhstodvd - Can't Get To Work In C2009ultimate

blindbat

Question

I'm a frustrated old geezer who can't get VHStoDVD to work on Creator 2009 Ultimate. Page 1 of plug & burn seems OK. Page 2 of plug & burn is grayed out except for the title Capture Device. The drop down menu doesn't contain the USB 2861 Device so it can't be selected.

The quality section of page 2 is grayed out but has an automatic selection of HQ together with the technical specs for that operation. I can't make a selection of SP.

The create chapters section is grayed out but has a selection of none. This is proper as I selected no menu on page 1.

There are no other sections on the page. The help file indicates there should be a capture preview section but it is missing. Therefore, I can't progress past page 2.

I'm running an old Dell Dimension 8400 with a Pentium 4, 3.2Ghz processor. Its running XP Pro, Service Pac 3. I believe it meets all the C2009Ultimate system requirements.

I downloaded the required VHStoDVD software from Roxio as directed rather than use the VHStoDVD packaged DVD to load the software. I've removed the software at least 20 times using both the control panel add/remove software and the downloaded VHStoDVD software.

I have been able to load USB 2861 device to the sound, video and game controller section of device drivers. However, I can't get VHStoDVD to recognize this driver on page 2 of plug & burn.

I've updated C2009Ultimate with Service Package 3 and updated VHStoDVD with a special 655K service package.

It seems that someone referred to bypassing plug & play. How does that work? I'm new to the entire Roxio world.

Thanks for any help. I found this forum through talking with Roxio support personnel

2 answers to this question

I'm a frustrated old geezer who can't get VHStoDVD to work on Creator 2009 Ultimate. Page 1 of plug & burn seems OK. Page 2 of plug & burn is grayed out except for the title Capture Device. The drop down menu doesn't contain the USB 2861 Device so it can't be selected.

The quality section of page 2 is grayed out but has an automatic selection of HQ together with the technical specs for that operation. I can't make a selection of SP.

The create chapters section is grayed out but has a selection of none. This is proper as I selected no menu on page 1.

There are no other sections on the page. The help file indicates there should be a capture preview section but it is missing. Therefore, I can't progress past page 2.

I'm running an old Dell Dimension 8400 with a Pentium 4, 3.2Ghz processor. Its running XP Pro, Service Pac 3. I believe it meets all the C2009Ultimate system requirements.

I downloaded the required VHStoDVD software from Roxio as directed rather than use the VHStoDVD packaged DVD to load the software. I've removed the software at least 20 times using both the control panel add/remove software and the downloaded VHStoDVD software.

I have been able to load USB 2861 device to the sound, video and game controller section of device drivers. However, I can't get VHStoDVD to recognize this driver on page 2 of plug & burn.

I've updated C2009Ultimate with Service Package 3 and updated VHStoDVD with a special 655K service package.

It seems that someone referred to bypassing plug & play. How does that work? I'm new to the entire Roxio world.

Thanks for any help. I found this forum through talking with Roxio support personnel

The bypassing means that you capture the video, to your hard drive. You can then do any editing that you want, in VideoWave, and then take that VideoWave project, to MyDVD for authoring and burning.

Plug and Burn is burning, on the fly, to a DVD. If there is a small hiccup, during this process, then you are likely to make your DVD a coaster. That is why capturing to your hard drive first, is recommended.

Edited by grandpabruce