• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Permission - Bad Installation

dk11

Question

When starting Mydvd app in Creator 2009, I get this error. I originally installed Creator 2009 to another partition and everything was running great. I removed it and tried installing it to the default C:\Program Files(x86) folder because I was having some other issue. That is when it went downhill. I couldn't get the application to start, it kept popping up windows installer and then would ask to reboot. This would loop forever. I followed the MANUAL UNINSTALL directions for Vista64 and then reinstalled, still same error. After following the instructions 3 more times and using a few other cleaner tools (CCleaner, Windows Install Cleanup Util, and them drudging through keys I found not on the Vista64 removal doc) I finally got most of the application working again.

But now I get the MPEG2 error, "No permission - Bad Installation." "The following codec(s) must be activated before using the application".

I upgraded the Creator 2009 to SP2, but still to no avail.

1 answer to this question

When starting Mydvd app in Creator 2009, I get this error. I originally installed Creator 2009 to another partition and everything was running great. I removed it and tried installing it to the default C:\Program Files(x86) folder because I was having some other issue. That is when it went downhill. I couldn't get the application to start, it kept popping up windows installer and then would ask to reboot. This would loop forever. I followed the MANUAL UNINSTALL directions for Vista64 and then reinstalled, still same error. After following the instructions 3 more times and using a few other cleaner tools (CCleaner, Windows Install Cleanup Util, and them drudging through keys I found not on the Vista64 removal doc) I finally got most of the application working again.

But now I get the MPEG2 error, "No permission - Bad Installation." "The following codec(s) must be activated before using the application".

I upgraded the Creator 2009 to SP2, but still to no avail.

Consider posting this question in the Creator 2009 forum, you posted in the forum for software last sold directly by Roxio a long time ago. When you re-post, site link to this topic so a moderator can delete it. Or, if a moderator is reading my post, s/he can just move your post and delete my response. :rolleyes:

Archived