Roxio & Dvd Video Camera

feliceAnne

Question

HI, If someone could please help me it would be GREATLY appreciated! I have been hitting my head against a wall for a few days now trying to work this out!

I have a Hitachi DVD video camera. I am filming onto a small DVD-RW disc. As they only hold 30minutes each disc, I was wanting to combine a few and put them onto a normal size DVD for viewing.

The trouble I am having is that I have 'captured' the video in Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate, and it seems to work fine, but when I go back and compare the original footage through my camera and what has been captured in Roxio I am missing chapters and movie sections. (even after just copying only 1x 30min disc..)I can't work out for the life of me why most will go through and bits won't when it was all recorded the same way.... I am running Vista on a brand new Compaq laptop if this is needed info..... Thanks for any input

2 answers to this question

HI, If someone could please help me it would be GREATLY appreciated! I have been hitting my head against a wall for a few days now trying to work this out!

I have a Hitachi DVD video camera. I am filming onto a small DVD-RW disc. As they only hold 30minutes each disc, I was wanting to combine a few and put them onto a normal size DVD for viewing.

The trouble I am having is that I have 'captured' the video in Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate, and it seems to work fine, but when I go back and compare the original footage through my camera and what has been captured in Roxio I am missing chapters and movie sections. (even after just copying only 1x 30min disc..)I can't work out for the life of me why most will go through and bits won't when it was all recorded the same way.... I am running Vista on a brand new Compaq laptop if this is needed info..... Thanks for any input

Is that (bolded text) all you are missing? How are you capturing the video from the mini-DVD? Should should be able to just copy from the disc placed in your computer's DVD reader to you computer.

Remember that at best queslity you will only get about one hour of video on a DVD; more if you reduce the quality.

Archived