Mp3 Disc 'no Title"

lotsyy

Question

When I print MP3 tracks to cd, for use in my car, the screen does not show titles, nor the name of te cd. Instead it says "ROOT FOLDER" and "no title". There must be a way to print the cd in a way that titles are shown, I suppose. Any ideas?

By the way, I'm still using Toast 8.

6 answers to this question

Thanks for helping. How do I include tags for MP3 tracks? In ITunes or in Toast? My carhifi can show text, that is not the problem, it's a Modern JBL-system in my Toyota Prius. Some older MP3 discs I made do show titles of the tracks, but I don't remember how I made them.

Thanks for helping. How do I include tags for MP3 tracks? In ITunes or in Toast? My carhifi can show text, that is not the problem, it's a Modern JBL-system in my Toyota Prius. Some older MP3 discs I made do show titles of the tracks, but I don't remember how I made them.

I'm presuming you used the MP3 disc setting in the Toast Audio window to create your disc. It may be that the player cannot read the metadata from tracks that are inside folders and that all your tracks must be on the root (top) level. However, this creates problems in organizing your tracks because the file format for MP3 discs places everything in alphanumeric order. All I can suggest is to experiment. It may be possible to put the tracks one-folder deep and still have the player read the metadata.

I will defer to tsantee as he is the Toast expert.

Sorry,I misread.I thought you were using mp3 files to make an audio cd,not an mp3 cd.

One thing I will say is that as mp3 files are data and will be displayed alphabetically you can rename them putting a numeric (001,002,003...etc) in front of the file name.

Edited by tbrewst