• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc10 Burning Issues

Melvin Dodd

Question

I've got a slideshow project with music that will burn only about 1 out of 5 tries. Otherwise I get a message right after it starts to encode saying, "8004520c Error while Encoding Movie 1." I have a Dell Vostro 200 purchased in April 2008. Some specs are XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 [i did have Service Pack 3, but a Dell technician told me that that might be why I couldn't properly install EMC10 and had me change it to Service Pack 2, and we completed the installation.] Intell Pentium Dual CPU E2160@1.80 GHz 1.79 GHz 0.99 GB of RAM. The DVD-R drive properties, hardware says, "WDC WD 1600AHJS-75B4AD disc drives" (this is highlighted in blue), next line says, "TSSTcorpDVD+-RW TS-H653B DVD/CD-R."

If anyone can help me solve these burning problems, I will be grateful. The two times I have been able to burn a DVD, it would not let me burn another one. I got the error message. Is there some way to burn repeated DVD's without going through the entire encoding process again?

If I click on "Burn" while I have the project in VideoWave it goes to MyDVD Express and it will not encode at all. The two times I have been successful, I clicked on "File," and then on "Send to MyDVD." Then under "Project View" I clicked on "Production." I then highlighted the small picture at the bottom left and clicked on "Burn." As said earlier, this works about one time in five.

2 answers to this question

I've got a slideshow project with music that will burn only about 1 out of 5 tries. Otherwise I get a message right after it starts to encode saying, "8004520c Error while Encoding Movie 1." I have a Dell Vostro 200 purchased in April 2008. Some specs are XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 [i did have Service Pack 3, but a Dell technician told me that that might be why I couldn't properly install EMC10 and had me change it to Service Pack 2, and we completed the installation.] Intell Pentium Dual CPU E2160@1.80 GHz 1.79 GHz 0.99 GB of RAM. The DVD-R drive properties, hardware says, "WDC WD 1600AHJS-75B4AD disc drives" (this is highlighted in blue), next line says, "TSSTcorpDVD+-RW TS-H653B DVD/CD-R."

If anyone can help me solve these burning problems, I will be grateful. The two times I have been able to burn a DVD, it would not let me burn another one. I got the error message. Is there some way to burn repeated DVD's without going through the entire encoding process again?

If I click on "Burn" while I have the project in VideoWave it goes to MyDVD Express and it will not encode at all. The two times I have been successful, I clicked on "File," and then on "Send to MyDVD." Then under "Project View" I clicked on "Production." I then highlighted the small picture at the bottom left and clicked on "Burn." As said earlier, this works about one time in five.

First of all, you should always use myDVD to burn DVDs, the Express wizard does not seem to be very 'reliable".

Once you have created your project in Videowave, save the project as a dmsm project file and exit Videowave. Launch myDVD and Add the dmsm file. When ready to burn instead of burning to DVD uncheck the "burn to disc" and select the "create image file" and then hit burn. This will create an image of the DVD as a file with the extension iso. Remember where the file is created. You can then use Video COpy & Convert to burn that iso file to a DVD. This 2 step method separates the encoding process from the burning process. You can use the iso file to make more DVDs without doing the encoding process each time.

Another problem may be the make of DVDs you are using? Most have reported best results using Verbatim products.