• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

techno

Retoring A File From A Backup My Pc 6.0 Backup

Question

I was able to get to the machine today and tried to restore a file. It seemed to be doing a total install and I did not want to do that. Is there not a way to just pull out one file from a DVD to restore?

Hello

I am snowed in and unable to look at the machine in question.

I have a friend still using Backup My PC 6.0. He is trying to recover one file from the DVD backup and is not having any luck. Is this possible? How is it done?

Thanks

Edited by techno

2 answers to this question

If I remember it correctly, you can choose Restore and check the box of the single file you wish to restore.

I was able to get to the machine today and tried to restore a file. It seemed to be doing a total install and I did not want to do that. Is there not a way to just pull out one file from a DVD to restore?

Hello

I am snowed in and unable to look at the machine in question.

I have a friend still using Backup My PC 6.0. He is trying to recover one file from the DVD backup and is not having any luck. Is this possible? How is it done?

Thanks

Select the Restore Wizard on the home page> then select in the restore from location wherever your backup is stored>View files to restore comes up (select from media in device)> then you should get the following

post-68-1233795350.png

Click the check box next to the item you want to restore.