Mpg Trouble In Videowave

bigcrushjake

Question

i am having a similar problem.

i used the easy audio capture and recorded the missing audio from the .mpg into a .wav

it plays fine in videowave until i slide it under the mpg video clip. what gives??

also.. it seems videowave has a serious problem with mpg's all together. whenever i add any kind of mpg file to videowave it kicks me off and "not responding" all the time.

is there a way to convert mpg's to a format videowave can handle?

thanks

13 answers to this question

i used the easy audio capture and recorded the missing audio from the .mpg into a .wav

it plays fine in videowave until i slide it under the mpg video clip. what gives??

also.. it seems videowave has a serious problem with mpg's all together. whenever i add any kind of mpg file to videowave it kicks me off and "not responding" all the time.

thanks

By now, you should know that a mpg2 file is a DVD standard and Video Wave can handle mpg2 files.

Please explain what you mean in the bolded text.

After all these posts, no one has asked you to post your computer specs in your signature. Please do so. Go to the top of the page and click on ' My Controls" and the edit signature. Look at what other people have in their signature.

Post especially what video card/chip you have an d also what audio card/chip. Don't forget the OS.

thanks

Please start a new thread - you don't even have a "similar" problem.

Explain a bit more what you are doing and exactly what your problem is? What do you mean you slide your wav file under the mpg?

Videowave has no problems with standard mpg files. If you are having problems then I would suspect the mpg file? Where did it come from?

when i add a .mpg file to videowave it immediatly causes problems. things slow down, videowave will even shut down sometimes. the video will play fine but the audio will not. if i click and start the preview somewhere in the middle of the .mpg the audio is fine. but if i preview some .avi footage prior to the .mpg and let it play through, the .mpg will have no audio at all. most of the files i use are .avi which work perfectly.. but i also have some footage from a friends digital camera i am trying to incorporate but all of those are .mpg's.

to fix this i tried using the easy audio capture to record the .mpg audio so i could then mute the native audio and add the recorded audio in its place.

the recording seems to be fine... it plays great... until i place it under the .mpg file in videowave. it will play correctly anywhere else in videowave until i try and place it with the .mpg file.

this is the same for all of the .mpg files i am trying to use.

i have also noticed the .mpg files will screw up the audio of .avi files that are adjacent to them as well.

is there a way to convert .mpg's to .avi's?

when i add a .mpg file to videowave it immediatly causes problems. things slow down, videowave will even shut down sometimes. the video will play fine but the audio will not. if i click and start the preview somewhere in the middle of the .mpg the audio is fine. but if i preview some .avi footage prior to the .mpg and let it play through, the .mpg will have no audio at all. most of the files i use are .avi which work perfectly.. but i also have some footage from a friends digital camera i am trying to incorporate but all of those are .mpg's.

to fix this i tried using the easy audio capture to record the .mpg audio so i could then mute the native audio and add the recorded audio in its place.

the recording seems to be fine... it plays great... until i place it under the .mpg file in videowave. it will play correctly anywhere else in videowave until i try and place it with the .mpg file.

i have also noticed the .mpg files will screw up the audio of .avi files that are adjacent to them as well.

Is this the same problem from the other post?

Where is your computer information that I ased for? Right now, I'd have to blame all your problems on your computer since you seem to be the only one having the problems.

In video wave, you can output the mpg to AVI but that won't solve the problem.

what is the source of the mpg2 files?

Please be sure that you answer all of Walt and Steve's questions. I'm esp. interested in hearing the source of these mpgs. Is sound stereo or mono? I believe mono sound has caused issues in the past re: hearing them play in Videowave.

the file is off of a friends sony digital camera... not a camcorder but a camera that takes a limited amount of video.

the file is an mpeg-1. im not sure if its mono or stereo but it plays audio through both sides of my headphones and when i used the easy capture recorder both the left and right channel had audio so i assume it is stereo. is there a more definitive way to find out?

i recently installed a nvidia 512 card, and added 2 GB for a total of 4 on my dell desktop.

as for all of the other particulars of my machine... im not as technically literate as you all are. all i know is it is an inspiron 530, windows vista, intel core 2 duo.

the file is off of a friends sony digital camera... not a camcorder but a camera that takes a limited amount of video.

the file is an mpeg-1. im not sure if its mono or stereo but it plays audio through both sides of my headphones and when i used the easy capture recorder both the left and right channel had audio so i assume it is stereo. is there a more definitive way to find out?

i recently installed a nvidia 512 card, and added 2 GB for a total of 4 on my dell desktop.

as for all of the other particulars of my machine... im not as technically literate as you all are. all i know is it is an inspiron 530, windows vista, intel core 2 duo.

Why don't you read this thread. Its got ideas throughout and possible reasons for the issue that may also apply to you.

If you want to send me a small clip to play around with, send me a pm.

the file is off of a friends sony digital camera... not a camcorder but a camera that takes a limited amount of video. the file is an mpeg-1.
Is it a fairly new camcorder? camera? I've never heard of a camcorder still camera using MPEG 1. Most newer still cameras use MPEG 4, MOV or AVC.

If it uses MPEG 1, it most likely does use mono audio and we know that Videowave/MyDVD do not support those. To make sure, install GSpot. It will tell you exactly what video and audio codecs were used to create the file.

Edited by ggrussell