• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Cd & Dvd Creator 6 Platinum Edition

DavidWalt

I recently reinstalled the software as the Audio Central program was running slow/hanging up. After reinstalling it doesn't recognize my disk drive. When I run the 'engine program' and reboot the computer I either have to reboot in 'Safe Mode' or 'Last known good mode'. The Roxio Creator 9 is not an option as it requires 1 GHz processor, I'm running a Pentium III at 800 MHz. I would appreciate any advice on resolving this issue.

Check in your Device Manager and look at the drive. It should indicate an error.

If so you may have to do the MS Guided Fix for that: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

There aren't any errors in Device Manager. Any other help? The drive works fine with Real Player and AudioCentral it was just when I tried to burn a disk with CreatorClassic that I had a problem.

Some additional information on my problem. When I open CreatorClassic by the 'burn button' there is a message that says 'Default Recorder: None'. If I click on the 'burn button' I get the following error Msg, ' There are no supported recorders available. Make sure your recorder is powered on and that all cables are properly connected. Also, make sure the latest version of the software is installed to ensure you have the latest drivers. This is all so frustrating, everything was working until I tried to reinstall the Roxio software!

When you reinstalled your software, did you also reinstall all the updates including the DU20041203.exe drive updater?

You haven't said what burner you're using, but without full updates you could be using a version which doesn't recognize your drive.

Okay, this is the latest. I uninstalled the DVD/CD drive, restarted the computer, turned it off, reinstalled the drive, reinstalled the Roxio software, installed the Engine V6.2.0.134.exe and the du20041203.exe, rebooted and now the Roxio player hangs up when you click on the CD drive and Creator Classic still has Default Recorder: None. I guess I'll just have to throw the program out the window?

Hi David,

Your drive is probably a repackaged BTC DRW1004IM, but that drive was recognized back at version 5.3.5c so recognition in version 6 shouldn't be a problem.

I think it's more likely you've run into a tangle with the Real player. Roxio sold off earlier software to Real without changing names and labels so there were lots of conflicts between the Adaptec/Roxio software and the Real player drivers. These were really difficult to tie down, but often it depended on which software was installed first and sometimes they would co-reside peacefully until the user disturbed the installation as you have done.

You might find it's necessary to uninstall the Real player and the Roxio program, then use Roxizap to thoroughly clean out your drive and registry, and then to install the Roxio program by itself. That's what a lot of users had to do when this software was current, but there is still no guarantee it will do the trick. It did work most times, but not all the time.

Regards,

Brendon

I'm one step ahead on removing Roxio and Real, I had already done that before I disconnected the drive. You're right, recognization shouldn't be a problem, it wasn't when I first installed the drive and the software, but it sure is a nightmare now!! What is Roxizap?

I'm one step ahead on removing Roxio and Real, I had already done that before I disconnected the drive. You're right, recognization shouldn't be a problem, it wasn't when I first installed the drive and the software, but it sure is a nightmare now!! What is Roxizap?

Read this http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=37322

NOW we've made significant progress!! There is a serious conflict somewhere. The only way I can boot up is in 'safe mode'. It won't even let me use the 'last known good boot up' This is similar to the problem I was having way back when I first tried reinstalling the software except it would let me 'use the last know good boot up'. So now what to do?

This is the latest, until I can find out what is causing the conflict I won't be able to install ECDC 6. The install goes fine until I reboot the computer after the program is loaded. Then I have to reboot in Safe Mode or install the 'last know...'. After I do all that ECDC 6 is removed and I'm back where I started. This is installing after running Roxizap and running Engine v6.2.0.134.exe and du20041203.exe. There must be some other program that is causing this conflict. I have removed Real so I don't know what it is unless it's some Windows program. Any other thoughts are appreciated. I appreciate the advice and your hanging in there.

Yes I have IE 7 and WMP 11. I was able to rollback WMP to 10, loaded Roxio which failed again, so I had to restore and when I did WMP 11 was back and it won't rollback again. I hate to let this thing beat me but I've spent all the time I'm going to. I downloading Nero 9 at this time, hopefully it will be more user friendly!! Once again thanks for your help. David

Actually you will find that Nero isn't quite as user friendly on its interface

Also, keep in mind that your ECD is 5 versions back from current so comparisons with later versions of Ahead aren't really valid.

To get older Roxio apps to run, you MUST remove BOTH IE7 and WMP11 - there is NO way round that (they are both Vista backports and have caused a lot of problems) Even though IE7 is classed by MS as a 'critical' update, even they provide a file to block it being automatically re-installed.

WMP11 if it was removed will not re-install - so the inference is that you didn't remove it correctly (uninstall from add/remove programs) and it is gone - IE7 on the other hand needs the blocker to prevent re-installation.

Actually if Nero runs it will be a WHOLE lot more user friendly!!

I did uninstall from the add remove programs.

I found how to block WMP 11 but I didn't see anything on IE 7 other than if SP3 was installed after IE 7 it has to be uninstalled also. Can you provide anymore info on blocking IE 7?

It runs from a command prompt - and available here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Setup\7.0

Key value name: DoNotAllowIE70

* When the key value name is not defined, distribution is not blocked.

* When the key value name is set to 0, distribution is not blocked.

* When the key value name is set to 1, distribution is blocked.

Archived