• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problem Opening Emc7

dacanev

Question

after using EMC 7 to make annual slideshows, i was suddenly unable to burn to dvd.

i removed Internet Explorer 7 and Media Player 11 as suggested in many posts. Now i get messages saying EMC was unable to open and needs to close.

after 2 full days i finally went and purchased Creator 2009 BUT to my surprise it will not allow video clips to be added to slideshows along with still pictures! Ridiculous!!

can anybody tell me why i am getting this message?

does anybody want to buy Creator 2009 cheap???

thanks.

dave

5 answers to this question

What program from C2009 are you using to create the slideshow? The best program to use is Videowave and it has no problem at all using video clips and photos in the same production. You cannot add a video clip to "picture" slideshow without creating a video slideshow. There is no such thing as a "picture" slideshow that includes video.
thanks again for your suggestion.

i am working today but will try tomorrow to make a slideshow using Videowave.

i cannot recall which program i was trying to use but it was probably under the photo icon?

i will try again tomorrow when i get home. thanks.

dave

after using EMC 7 to make annual slideshows, i was suddenly unable to burn to dvd.

i removed Internet Explorer 7 and Media Player 11 as suggested in many posts. Now i get messages saying EMC was unable to open and needs to close.

after 2 full days i finally went and purchased Creator 2009 BUT to my surprise it will not allow video clips to be added to slideshows along with still pictures! Ridiculous!!

thanks.

dave

This is being moved to the Creator 2009 forum because that is the program you are having difficulties installing and running.

I suspect that there may be some issues with your computer especially with your video card/chip. Update the drivers for that card/chip, and DirectX 9c. Open Video Wave, go to the top menu and select tools, options and put a dot next to software. Try again.

Please post your computers specs in your signature by going to "My Controls? at the top of the page.

Are you using Video Wave to make your project? Where did you get the video clips and what format are they?

thanks.

dave

With Creator 2009, there is no problem, whatsoever, adding photos and video clips in the same production!

If you want EMC 7 to work again, reinstall it.

With Creator 2009, there is no problem, whatsoever, adding photos and video clips in the same production!

If you want EMC 7 to work again, reinstall it.

first of all, thank you for responding.

I have installed EMC 7 again after Un-installing Creator 2009 because it does NOT allow video clips taken with a digital camera to be "played" during a slideshow production. You can drop the video clip into the production but it only shows the first frame as a picture and does not play the clip. I also e-mailed Roxio support and they confirmed it cannot be done, that videos can be made into a slideshow but only as a video slideshow? If you can direct me on how to add short videos onto a picture slideshow i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for all your help!

dave

first of all, thank you for responding.

I have installed EMC 7 again after Un-installing Creator 2009 because it does NOT allow video clips taken with a digital camera to be "played" during a slideshow production. You can drop the video clip into the production but it only shows the first frame as a picture and does not play the clip. I also e-mailed Roxio support and they confirmed it cannot be done, that videos can be made into a slideshow but only as a video slideshow? If you can direct me on how to add short videos onto a picture slideshow i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for all your help!

dave

What program from C2009 are you using to create the slideshow? The best program to use is Videowave and it has no problem at all using video clips and photos in the same production. You cannot add a video clip to "picture" slideshow without creating a video slideshow. There is no such thing as a "picture" slideshow that includes video.

Archived