App Does Not Recognize .cda

enrique

Question

I'm trying to burn a CD with files copied to my computer in .cda format. The application tells me the file format (of the files I'm adding) is not recognized. The files are OK. I am able to play them through iTunes.

Any idea why they are being rejected?

Thank you,

Enrique

1 answer to this question

I'm trying to burn a CD with files copied to my computer in .cda format. The application tells me the file format (of the files I'm adding) is not recognized. The files are OK. I am able to play them through iTunes.

Any idea why they are being rejected?

Thank you,

Enrique

cda files are not audio files. You cannot simply copy cda files from a CD to your computer and play them. If you look at the files using Windows Explorer you will see that all cda files are 1Kb in size which obviously shows that they are not audio files. These files only are found on an audio CD and can be considered to be simply pointers to where the actual audio tracks are located on a CD. cda files have no meaning when you copy them from a CD to your hard drive and burn them to a CD.

Tell us what you are trying to do and someone will help you. How did you rip the CD to your hard drive?

Archived