Tv Safe Area Question

saz25

Question

Hi,

I have Roxio Creator 9 DE and Roxio MyDVD. I've created a slide show with my own digital pictures as well as adding text boxes and descriptions to the images. When I preview it on the PC it looks great. But when I burn it to a DVD using MyDVD, the slideshow images are cropped because they fill the area beyond the TV safe area.

Is there a way to automatically zoom of fit the images to the TV safe area?

I created the slide show and then output that to a .WMV file that I import into MyDVD.

Any suggestions? Is this a limitation of Roxio or am I missing something? Does this problem not exist in the full Roxio version?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

7 answers to this question

Hi,

I have Roxio Creator 9 DE and Roxio MyDVD. I've created a slide show with my own digital pictures as well as adding text boxes and descriptions to the images. When I preview it on the PC it looks great. But when I burn it to a DVD using MyDVD, the slideshow images are cropped because they fill the area beyond the TV safe area.

Is there a way to automatically zoom of fit the images to the TV safe area?

I created the slide show and then output that to a .WMV file that I import into MyDVD.

Any suggestions? Is this a limitation of Roxio or am I missing something? Does this problem not exist in the full Roxio version?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

It has nothing to do with the software. It is the TV overscan.

Follow the tips in the following link:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=31005

Yes, I have used Image Cropper.

Yes, I used image cropper. I am considering buying Roxio Creator 2009. Shouldn't this be able to create a slide show and then allow you to create a DVD with several slideshows with audio, etc? Shouldn't the Roxio app be able to take care of the so-called TV-safe area without having to use another external app and scale accodingly for SD 4x3 images or HD 16x9 images, etc?

I'm getting a bit frustrated by different vendors apps such as Adobe Photshop elements to create the slide show then MyDVD to create the DVD, etc. I'd like to use all Roxio products if I can or another single vendor.

Can tis be done

Thanks,

Steve

Yes, I used image cropper. I am considering buying Roxio Creator 2009. Shouldn't this be able to create a slide show and then allow you to create a DVD with several slideshows with audio, etc? Shouldn't the Roxio app be able to take care of the so-called TV-safe area without having to use another external app and scale accodingly for SD 4x3 images or HD 16x9 images, etc?

I'm getting a bit frustrated by different vendors apps such as Adobe Photshop elements to create the slide show then MyDVD to create the DVD, etc. I'd like to use all Roxio products if I can or another single vendor.

Can tis be done

Thanks,

Steve

You can use myDVD to create a slideshow from selecting the first slide to burning the final DVD and everything in between - there is no need to use other software. The overscan problem is the same with all video software - I don't know of any that handles it.

Can tis be done

Thanks,

Steve

No video editing software has any idea what TV you have, so there is no way that it can adjust the TV safe area, to fit your TV.