Question

Can anyone help me?? I installed software on my laptop which has a Realtek HD device. I have checked, checked and rechecked my cables and usb connections but can not get audio in. The first window allows me to highlight the usb2861 device, the second window says "line" only. It allows me to record but there is no sound. After hours of messing with this, I am truly frustrated and would appreciate any help out there.

What other programs do you have installed on the computer besides VHS to DVD ? Especially interested if you have Roxio C2009 also installed. It's ben pointed out to us that VHS to DVD and C2009 are not compatible, installed on the same computer.

Frank...

What other programs do you have installed on the computer besides VHS to DVD ? Especially interested if you have Roxio C2009 also installed. It's ben pointed out to us that VHS to DVD and C2009 are not compatible, installed on the same computer.

Frank...

I have no other Roxio products installed on this computer.

Ok.....I'm ready to scream!!!!! I have tried everything possible - checked for updates - I'm current and have the latest software and nothing freaking works!! Contacting support has proven to be just as frustrating - they won't answer!! Ok, maybe it wasn't really expensive software but I have the right to expect that it would at least work. Anybody have any ideas other than what is posted. I have tried them and thank the posters for their help.........but I guess I'm needing just a little bit more.

The first window allows me to highlight the usb2861 device, the second window says "line" only. It allows me to record but there is no sound.

The above sounds like Plug & Burn?

Quit screaming and explain exactly what you trying to do, in what application, in detail, step by step.

cd

OK....I have my turntable hooked up to the Roxio USB gadget correctly - pretty hard not to do that. I open the program. In the first dialog drop down menu I am able to select USB2861 - in the second drop down window, I can select "Line". There isn't anything else to choose from. I choose the record button and is says it is recording but nothing is happening. It is not importing although it says it is......there is absolutely nothing there.

Ooops I left out the part that I am trying to import LP's.

I am using the VHS to DVD program that came with the bonus of being able to burn LP's and tapes to CD.

Thank you for being patient with me - obviously I am very new to this. I guess I wanted it to be easy.

I am using the VHS to DVD program that came with the bonus of being able to burn LP's and tapes to CD.

None of us have a copy of this software yet. I know it has components/applications of Creator 2009, like Plug and Burn, Easy Audio Capture, and such. To tell me your using Easy VHS to DVD to capture LP's and tapes to CD, tells me nothing!

cd

I purchased the software from Roxio and it is called Easy VHS to DVD. It came with bonus software that allows you to burn LP's and tapes to your computer and then burn to CD's. I watched the tutorial on Roxio's website - looked easy. I am at work right now and don't have everything available to me at this time. If you wouldn't mind being patient with me a little longer and tell me what else to provide you with - I will be happy to do so. I will be home this afternoon around 2:00 mountain time and could actually hook up everything and talk with you at the same time.

You can see the tutorial yourself on the web-site if you want so that you can see what I'm talking about. It isn't very long. Thank you.

Ok, the end of that tour shows him using Roxio LP and Tape Assistant. Post the information later and lets see what we can come up with.

cd

Ok, here go the gory details of what I'm attempting to do. I purchased Roxio Easy VHS to DVD. I am attempting to transfer audio from LP's. I have connected the turntable to the computer with the provided USB capture device. The only thing here to hook up are the red and white rca cables, so I'm pretty sure this is correct. I open Roxio LP and Tape Assistant. There is a support window on the right hand side that mentions the problem I am having about getting no sound. I followed the link because they said it had been remedied by a download. I did the download. Now I am at the point of importing my LP. In the capture from window, I am choosing the USB2861 from the dialog box. The manual says this window should say "Line In (3-USB2861 Device) I don't have that option - just USB2861. Next, I'm going to the window that says "Input" , my only choice there is "Line" I've gone through and set up the recording levels per directions and then hit the "record" button and low and behold - I get absolutely nothing!

In step # 1, you choose the USB 2861 Device, are the volume level meters moving? Do you then start the record process?

cd

Yes it does but not under the LP and tape section - is it listed below as Capture audio from sound card

I can capture form sources in Easy Audio Capture, don't know if your software will? Does it show the USB 2861 Device and the volume levels moving?

cd

it shows the device but the meters are not working

The turn table is on and playing a LP?

the meters never move no matter what i do

You have downloaded this * Resolve a LP Assistant issue with Roxio Video Capture USB

RoxioVHStoDVDSP.exe (722 kb) - Download

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/easy-vhs-...re_updates.html

Run it/ installed it and rebooted?

cd

Edited by cdanteek

I sure thought I did it all - would you suggest that I try it again? and then try to catch you online later

I'm listening to an album right now but getting no response from the software

Yes, try the service pack I posted above again. Download it to your desktop and run it then reboot.

cd

I just tried the download and it says I already did it - should i just restart now?

I'll reboot and be back on in a few minutes. Thank you

Ok I'm back - I have the file saved to my desktop - it is a zip file - and I am running XP

I opened the zip file and it says I am running the current version and to close

You unzip/extract the file and (RoxioVHStoDVDSP.exe) appears then click on that?

cd