Roxio Creator 2009 Loading Problems / Hangs

Uwe

Question

I am wondering if anyone has run into this problem with Vista 64-bit:

- Installs fine

- Loading the main menu program (RoxioCentralFx.exe)

- Hangs at Registration Screen (when trying to connect to the Internet), which cannot even be closed

I got it to work for a few days only after I re-installed the software and loaded it when disconnected from the home network / Internet. It then would say "cannot connect" and continue loading. However, after a few days of use, it again hands at the registration window and won't load.

I have been trying to get support from Roxio, but they don't seem to care. Not a single attempt to help me. I am coming to the conclusion that though I like Creator 2009, it is totally buggy, even though they have already published 3 service packs. All useless. I can only call Roxop support the "helpless desk". Very disappointing.

Looking forward to receiving hints and tips.

Thanks!

Uwe

1 answer to this question

Check your firewall and make sure that it's not blocking the registration process.

Just for interest - why did you think it necessary to disconnect the internet access on install? All that was needed was to close down any running apps (anti-virus, pop-up blockers, messengers and so on)?

There seems to be an idea around that you should always disconnect when installing - the truth of the matter is that unless you actively connect the software to the 'net, nothing will happen. You can leave the modem connected but it won't download on its own - that takes software action.