• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Trying To Fit 7gb Movie On 4.7gb Blank Disc

dingo

Question

I'm only new at this but the add for ROXIA CREATOR 2009 said burn a 9GB unprotected movie to a 4.5GB blank disc, something about extra compression i think it said. If i finally do succeed in doing this will it play on my DVD player????Also, i think iv'e put the horse before the cart , can what im talking about be really done and if so any tips on how, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

I'm only new at this but the add for ROXIA CREATOR 2009 said burn a 9GB unprotected movie to a 4.5GB blank disc, something about extra compression i think it said. If i finally do succeed in doing this will it play on my DVD player????Also, i think iv'e put the horse before the cart , can what im talking about be really done and if so any tips on how, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It should play but I'm not sure of the quality; let us know.

How did you do it? Are you having a problem?

I just want to ask why you want to put that compressed movie on a single sided disc?

How long is a GB??? :lol:

Point is, file size is a useless measure in Video work. Playtime means everything!

I don't know the exact number but I can burn 4 hours to a 4.7 disc. – It won't burn 6 hours!

Put your Project together in MyDVD and set quality to HQ.

Burn to a Folder.

Then use Video Copy and Convert to burn that Folder onto a DVD (it will re-render to fit).

Thanks Jim, i decided to do it your way, with some success i might add BUT with one problem in that the SOUND is out of "synch" with the movie.

Any ideas on how I can fix this new hitch.

Someone asked why you would want to put 7GB movie on a 4.7GB disc, because the add material for ROXIO said you can and I guess that's my answer "because I can"

Thanks for the help so far, now if I can fix this sound problem.

Thanks Jim, i decided to do it your way, with some success i might add BUT with one problem in that the SOUND is out of "synch" with the movie.

Any ideas on how I can fix this new hitch.

Someone asked why you would want to put 7GB movie on a 4.7GB disc, because the add material for ROXIO said you can and I guess that's my answer "because I can"

Thanks for the help so far, now if I can fix this sound problem.

The day after the first DVD Burner was released, users found sound sync problems…

Defragging the HD before burning helps, lots of HD space helps, walking away from the PC while it is rendering/burning helps.

Last reminder – talk time when discussing video!

Oh, the clown that wrote 9GB Movie on a Standard disc should have his underwear shrink wrapped – while he is wearing them!

Archived