• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creating Avchd Iso File In Mydvd Fails!

jpiwaron

Question

Creating ISO files of AVCHD projects is failing.

I know this is long, I'm sorry for that, but I could use your assistance and advice.

Until yesterday, I'd been creating AVCHD projects with MyDVD (advanced projects). I'm learning the usual stuff - what will fit given the resolution, frame rate and so forth. But those things are a separate question.

Then came the January update patch which I installed.

But last night doing so became impossible. The last ISO I set MyDVD to make failed at the point it actually created the ISO file on the hard drive. Both bars on the screen reached 100%. A line containing the words "Project-BuildToDevice()AuthorScript call failed. Error While Writing Format" appeared.

The project was for an 1 1/2 hour long program to go onto a double layer disk.

I have default set to create an AVCHD project. I don't let it "Fit to Disk" 'cause that never works right, I usually choose LP because that happens to match my material in terms of pixels x pixels.

As a test, I created a 15 minute long MPG from the same material that I used for the 1.5 hour project. I tried burning an AVCHD with the same parameters, but that also failed the same way. Then I did the exact same thing except to create a regular DVD project. That worked. But I don't want a DVD project, I want AVCHD.

My PC is a Dell XPS with Core2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5GHz, 4 gig ram, Windows Vista 32, ATI Radeon HD 3870 video card.

The drives I can use to burn to are a regular DVD AND a Blu-Ray burner.

What went wrong? Will reinstalling everything up to but not including that last update solve the issue?

Edited by jpiwaron

18 answers to this question

The last update has a name – SP3

No one has reported anything but good things as a result of applying it, especially with BD and AVCHD projects.

I don't know what happened with yours but it appears you need to do a Clean Install (Vista) and apply the SP3 again.

O.K., I can do that. Clean install, I've done that before. I've kept copies of all the previous updates. Do you think I should install each one sequentially, or skip ahead and do only the SP3 patch?

Does the SP3 patch contain all previous improvements/modifications that SP1 & SP2 contained?

I'm just musing here - I'm not seeing why simply applying the SP3 update would cause this to stop working. I do know enough to disable antivirus and the like when installing things too. So I'm scratching my head about where or why the update didn't get in there right. *Apparently didn't*

O.K., I can do that. Clean install, I've done that before. I've kept copies of all the previous updates. Do you think I should install each one sequentially, or skip ahead and do only the SP3 patch?

Does the SP3 patch contain all previous improvements/modifications that SP1 & SP2 contained?

I'm just musing here - I'm not seeing why simply applying the SP3 update would cause this to stop working. I do know enough to disable antivirus and the like when installing things too. So I'm scratching my head about where or why the update didn't get in there right. *Apparently didn't*

SP3 contains all of what was in SP1 and SP2, in addition to the changes in SP3.

https://www.roxio.com/enu/support/c2009/sof...re_updates.html

Edited by grandpabruce

I'm not sure doing a clean install and re installing SP3 will help. I would try just re-installing up to the SP2 to see if it works there.

I'm suggesting that as a troubleshooting/testing step because I can reproduce a similar "script" error when trying to burn an AVCHD project to either an image file or folder set. Since my OS is XP, I'm thinking this may be a new issue in SP3.

post-71-1233244136.png

I'm not sure doing a clean install and re installing SP3 will help. I would try just re-installing up to the SP2 to see if it works there.

I'm suggesting that as a troubleshooting/testing step because I can reproduce a similar "script" error when trying to burn an AVCHD project to either an image file or folder set. Since my OS is XP, I'm thinking this may be a new issue in SP3.

Thanks for the advice. Since I have all the service pack files, that's an option for me. It sure couldn't hurt in my case since I was successful at making AVCHDs with Creator 2009 at the service pack 2 level.

Thanks for mentioning Folder Sets. I need some help with that. I don't understand what they are, what they're for and how to use them. I see basically 3 choices when I select "burn" in MyDVD. Directly to a disk, to an ISO and to a folder set.

Why the folder set? What's it good for? Why would I want to use that?

Can you explain?

Folder set is all the folders and files exactly like they would be burned on a DVD or Bluray disc. Just burned to the hard drive. I use folder set to check out whether or not my menus work like I want, audio levels , etc. I can use any DVD player software like Cineplayer to play it back just like it was a disc.

Video Copy & Convert can burn a folder set to disc just like an ISO.

-

Just tried to reproduce the ISO and it worked for me. I took a short HV20 file (.m2t) and added it to a AVCHD project with menu using the default menu. Burned to ISO only and it worked fine. I do have SP3 installed.

Edited by ggrussell

It won't work… Software not Found.

Hi , I have same problem as you. Have you found a solution for this?

I think you are right, this may be an issue in service pack 3 under XP. I have tried reinstalling but did not help. I will try to go back to SP2 and will post results.

If I take 2 or 3 short files it works for me too. The problem begins when I take 18 files and try to make ISO or burn them to DVD.

Folder set is all the folders and files exactly like they would be burned on a DVD or Bluray disc. Just burned to the hard drive. I use folder set to check out whether or not my menus work like I want, audio levels , etc. I can use any DVD player software like Cineplayer to play it back just like it was a disc.

Video Copy & Convert can burn a folder set to disc just like an ISO.

-

Just tried to reproduce the ISO and it worked for me. I took a short HV20 file (.m2t) and added it to a AVCHD project with menu using the default menu. Burned to ISO only and it worked fine. I do have SP3 installed.

Ok, this is what i have found. I have created an AVCHD project with Creator Ultimate 2009 (build 111B10E ENU), out of box no Service Packs, imported 17 .mt2s files into the project, added a menu and burned it to a DVD disk without any problem. I saved the project, upgraded Creator 2009 to SP3, opened the saved project and was not able to burn to disk or creat an ISO image. Now the interesting thing is the following:

- In Creator Ultimate 2009 (build 111B10E ENU) the file size was 561.3MB

- In Creator Ultimate 2009 SP3 the files size was 974.5MB

Again, in both versions I have used exact same files, menu, etc.

I still don't know what causes this but it defenetly has to do with SP3.

Hi , I have same problem as you. Have you found a solution for this?

I think you are right, this may be an issue in service pack 3 under XP. I have tried reinstalling but did not help. I will try to go back to SP2 and will post results.

With all do respect just because it works for you that does not mean that it has to work for everybody else. Have you read my post carefully? It won't burn ISO or direct to disk. Don't get me wrong this is a nice software package but it has bugs that need to be fixed. Don't you think that a 413MB difference in file size for the same project created with same software but different SP is a bit odd?

- In Creator Ultimate 2009 (no service pack) the file size was 974.5MB

- In Creator Ultimate 2009 SP3 the files size was 561.3MB

I have SP3 and have been making ISO's without any problems.

Just did an AVCHD project consisting of 2 Titles, one 88 picture slideshow and the other was a 117 picture slideshow – total 205 pictures.

Burned ISO then burned to disc.

Also did 1 hour AVCHD project to ISO, again no problem.

Don't you think that a 413MB difference in file size for the same project created with same software but different SP is a bit odd?
Perhaps not in this case. Roxio supposedly 'fixed' parts of the AVCHD encoding and as of SP3 will 'smart' render (only re-renders parts that have been edited) AVCHD files. Several of us have tested the smart render and it does indeed work for us.

I haven't tested AVCHD to ISO, but I have burned to folder set with no issues. No software can be 100% compatible on all computers. Even Windows doesn't run on all machines equally.

Edited by ggrussell

Thank you for the expanation. As far as folder, do I need to create them in advance? Thaks

Perhaps not in this case. Roxio supposedly 'fixed' parts of the AVCHD encoding and as of SP3 will 'smart' render (only re-renders parts that have been edited) AVCHD files. Several of us have tested the smart render and it does indeed work for us.

I haven't tested AVCHD to ISO, but I have burned to folder set with no issues. No software can be 100% compatible on all computers. Even Windows doesn't run on all machines equally.

Thank you for the expanation. As far as folder, do I need to create them in advance? Thaks

No the folder option after you click Burn is below the File option. You tell it Where you want the folder to be and it will take care of it.

Use Video Copy & Convert to burn the folder to disc.

If that doesn't work, try the Clean Install proceedure.

I have made an inquiry concerning problems with SP3, but nothing yet.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Don't have to, but still a good idea to create a folder for organizing things. The process does create several sub-folders.

You can also use Cineplayer 5 included in C2009 to see if the folder plays like you expect. Check menus, etc.

Edited by ggrussell

Thank You

No the folder option after you click Burn is below the File option. You tell it Where you want the folder to be and it will take care of it.

Use Video Copy & Convert to burn the folder to disc.

If that doesn't work, try the Clean Install proceedure.

I have made an inquiry concerning problems with SP3, but nothing yet.