• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Installation Problems

RTab

Question

I did all of the wrong things to install the software. First I loaded the installation disk without the USB device. I do have RecordNow installed and some "dell media experience pack" (not sure if this isn Roxio software). Exploring the contents of the installation disk I only see 8 empty folders and one autorun icon file and a installation details file (txt file). I can't see any other files. Is it possible that the software was erased from the disk due to what I did?

6 answers to this question

You can't erase a commercial disc.

I haven't seen the program so I can't tell you about the disc.

Does the txt file have any specific instructions?

What do the install instructions say about when you are supposed to plug in the device?

I know that Easy VHS isn't compatible with Roxio's C2009 but I don't know about Record Now.

You can't erase a commercial disc.

I haven't seen the program so I can't tell you about the disc.

Does the txt file have any specific instructions?

What do the install instructions say about when you are supposed to plug in the device?

I know that Easy VHS isn't compatible with Roxio's C2009 but I don't know about Record Now.

The txt file is empty. The install instruction is to plug the device before placing the install disk on the driver.

First thing I would do is uninstall Easy VHS following these instructions.

Be aware that if you do it will almost certainly affect Record Now also,so uninstalling it wouldn't be a bad idea either.

After they are both uninstalled,reinstall Record now first.

Then try installing Easy VHS.When you do make sure you follow the instructions.

See if it has any objections to being installed along side of Record Now.

Also there is an update for Easy VHS so once you get it installed make sure you go to Help and try Check for Updates.

First thing I would do is uninstall Easy VHS following these instructions.

Be aware that if you do it will almost certainly affect Record Now also,so uninstalling it wouldn't be a bad idea either.

After they are both uninstalled,reinstall Record now first.

Then try installing Easy VHS.When you do make sure you follow the instructions.

See if it has any objections to being installed along side of Record Now.

Also there is an update for Easy VHS so once you get it installed make sure you go to Help and try Check for Updates.

I checked the installed programs and EASY VHS was never installed. I have sonic RecordNow. Sonic MyDVD, Sonic DLA(?), Sonic Update Manager, all came bundled in my DELL laptop. My point is that the installation DVD has nothing on it, even if I remove all sonic software, there is nothing to install!!! Anyone knows what is that software that should have come with the package? How can I get someone at Roxio to actually test one installation DVD, and sent it to me? Or someone that I could actually send the one that I have and have it checked?

Thanks!

Since we are users just like yourself there's nothing we can do about a bad disc.

I'd suggest calling Roxio at 1-800-656-5443 .

I finally found what is the problem. As I mentioned before I found Sonic DLA installed. I didn't remove the program, however I right clicked on the DVD driver using windows explorer and click on properties. There was a DLA tab. All I did was to unclicked the box that allows a program to set the DLA, and bingo! the computer could see all the files including the setup.exe. The software was installed and working properly.

Edited by RTab