• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Create Selection Buttons On The Main Menu In Mydvd

Firstcall

Question

Hi,

Is it possible to create two control buttons on the main menu of a movie in MyDVD 9. One of the buttons should link to the start of the movie by simply pressing enter or play when highlighted. The other button would be a scene selection button that would link to a submenu displaying all my chapters. It's my intention to organise my movie by creating chapters for the purpose of easy navigation. However, it's pointless creating chapters without a scene selection button or similar button(s) on the main menu. A scene selection button would make users aware that the movie is organised into chapters from the beginning.

Also, is it possible to name these buttons? Just to recap again - one button would be for playing the movie and the other would be like a scene selection button. I would appreciate any assistance on how to create these two choice buttons on the main menu of the movie in Roxio MyDVD 9.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Thanks for this helpful post link. I'll have a look at it and get back again with my feedback. It seems to deviate slightly from my objective. In my case, I will have only one movie but it will be divided into chapters.

It doesn't deviate at all. You want one button that plays the movie, and another button that when you click on it, you see all of the chapters that you created.

That link shows you how to do it.

I think you are confused with the use of the word "movie" in the link I gave you. Here is another link that talks about chapter.

Thanks again for your second post link. That link matches my goal exactly. At the moment, I'm not working on the computer where my Roxio Easy Creator 9 is installed. I will post back feedback on this topic early next week. However, I've noticed that no button was created on the main menu whenever I clicked on 'Add Movie' in MyDVD before. When I click on 'Add Movie' in MyDVD and browse to my movie file and select it - do I just simply click on 'Open' or do I need to click on the 'Add Button' as well. I don't recall off hand if there is an 'Add Button' in this Add movie window in my Roxio program.

Anyway, I will report my progress next week.

Thanks