Track Titles

mcg1980

Question

I just purchased 2009 creator. I previously had creator 8.

If I copy a purchased audio cd using creator 8, it writes the track tiles to the copied cd so they will appear in a capable player.

Creator 2009 doesn't write the track tiles to the copied cd......even though it does find them and list them in the interface.

I've contacted support and so far they're giving me the typical update everything response.

Anybody else run into this?

5 answers to this question

What makes you think that the track titles are on the purchased audio CD? Usually it doesn't. When you insert the audio CD and run Windows Media player, WMP gets artist/track info from the internet. Not from the CD. WMP does not and never has read CD Text.

Which application are you using? I think all the audio app have an option to burn CD Text.

Edited by ggrussell

I'm not sure that burning an Audio cd from the Home app will add CD-Text.I can't find an option for it.

Using Music Disc Creator will let you set the option though.

Go to the left of the MDC screen and you'll see Project Settings.Open that and check the Cd-Text box.

WMP will display CD-Text if you add a plug-in.You can find it here.

Edited by tbrewst

I just purchased 2009 creator. I previously had creator 8.

If I copy a purchased audio cd using creator 8, it writes the track tiles to the copied cd so they will appear in a capable player.

Creator 2009 doesn't write the track tiles to the copied cd......even though it does find them and list them in the interface.

I've contacted support and so far they're giving me the typical update everything response.

Anybody else run into this?

I am having the exact same problem. The text is on the CD because we see it on CD players that are not connected to the internet. Also, I have checked the "add text box" as indicated in the previous post. I still get no joy at all. Any help??

I am having the exact same problem. The text is on the CD because we see it on CD players that are not connected to the internet. Also, I have checked the "add text box" as indicated in the previous post. I still get no joy at all. Any help??

I had this problem and got mine to work so here is what I did. I had help from the telephone support staff at Roxio and he walked me thru the following. My computer is Vista Home and he said a lot of Vista users have trouble with the cd text (title, upc code, etc.) showing up. My new audio CDs show the cd text info as I entered it into Creator 2009 now - I checked using my CD drive and Real Player on another computer running Windows 98, so it is there...

Thank you for your help. It works now. For your feedback, what I did was:

1. uninstall all prior versions (I had Easy Media Creator & Drag to Disc)

2. uninstall and then reinstall Creator 2009

3. install the Creator 2009 Service Pack (I called the phone support the rep. recommended this. I think it's called SP 4)

4. Use the audio disc creator that makes .dmsa files (there is another "lite version" audio cd creator that makes .rox files which I didn't test). The one to use is called ROXIO MUSIC DISC CREATOR. If you have old .dmsa files you will probably need to use the ROXIO MUSIC DISC CREATOR again to get your .dmsa file re-created or edited before burning to a CD.

5. Track info is now appearing on the burned CDs. I can see the track info in RealPlayer when playing the CDs. I see it when using the CD on a Windows 98 machine. I didn't look on the Vista machine! It might not show up there but it is on the CD. It may not show up on some devices and systems.

Hope this all works for you. It was a sticky problem but persistence paid off.

Your CD Burner must also support CD TEXT writing. Granted this features has been around so long that all burners 'should' support it.