pklemz

mpeg4 incompatibility

Question

I have a digital video cam corder that records in mpeg4. EMC8 video edit does not recognize the format. So I can't inport or capture into EMC8. Is there a patch or CODEC I can download

that will allow EMC8 to accept mpeg4?

5 answers to this question

I downloaded a MP4 file and it loaded into Videowave just fine. Someone else posted a problem with the JVC .MOD files. You need to be more specific.

I downloaded a MP4 file and it loaded into Videowave just fine. Someone else posted a problem with the JVC .MOD files. You need to be more specific.

Hi Gary

You have the deluxe version of EMC 8 don't you? I don't think the essentials & suite versions support Mpeg-4.

Hi Gary

You have the deluxe version of EMC 8 don't you? I don't think the essentials & suite versions support Mpeg-4.

I believe you are right, it does not support MPEG-4. Yes, you can load it but ti will work properly because of the compression. It is not compatible with EMC8. No further specifics are necessary.

What I need to know is, does Roxio have a patch or update to support the MPEG-4 format?

Roxio does not and you may not want to upgrade to the Deluxe version at this time. You may want to google for a free mp4 to mpeg converter. I have no reconmmendations.

I believe you are right, it does not support MPEG-4. Yes, you can load it but ti will work properly because of the compression. It is not compatible with EMC8. No further specifics are necessary.

What I need to know is, does Roxio have a patch or update to support the MPEG-4 format?

No further specifics are necessary.

The software that came with your camcorder should have installed appropriate codecs, too.

awoo87 is correct. I do have the Deluxe version which also supports PSP and iPod video exporting. I know that the iPod uses Apple's verison of MPEG4.

As sknis suggested, if you have the Essentials or Standard suites, you will need to find a way to convert the files before using. You can also try downloading shareware or open source MPEG4 codecs. Personally, I've had limited succcess with those in the past.