• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Include All Movie Menus When Using Custom Options For Video_ts?

listn84

Question

I'm new to this forum and not sure if this question was already answered somewhere before. I'm using Toast 9 on my MAC. I'm using the VIDEO_TS with custom options to keep only the Main Title Movie, English Sound Track, and English Subtitles. When I burn the DVD the Menus are not available. In the User Guide it mentions that Menus are not included unless all Titles are selected.

Is there any way around this? This seems like a poor design. I've used other products on Windows XP that allow you to preserve all Menus regardless of which Titles are selected and whether you remove trailers and adverts. I would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Nick

1 answer to this question

Toast removes the menu because it could easily freeze your DVD player to click menus that are missing the linked content.

You can, however, have Toast author a new DVD that has the menus that Toast creates with other kinds of video files. Here is how it is done.

1. Choose DVD video as the format in the Toast Video window (do not choose the VIDEO_TS folder setting).

2. Place the VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop (or insert an unencrypted video DVD).

3. Choose DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. If you don't see the browser then choose Show Media Browser from the Windows menu.

4. When something appears in the browser window, double click on it to see thumbnails of each of the titles. Drag the title(s) you want to the Video window.

5. When Toast finishes extracting the MPEG files from the VIDEO_TS folder you can replace the one on the desktop with a different VIDEO_TS folder and repeat the extractions.

6. When you have all the videos you want then do all the things needed to create a menu. You can change the thumbnail image by clicking on it and sliding the scroll bar.

Toast 10 makes this a little easier because with it you can just drag the VIDEO_TS folder to the Video window with DVD video selected as the format rather than having to go through the extraction steps. However, Toast 9, 8 and 7 don't work properly with VOB title sets added in this manner.

Archived