• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Conversion

maxthecat

Question

I can understand the comment about Toast's editor being basic (it is just for marking portions you want to remove from the final product) but it seems simple to me. Move the scroll bar to the place where you want an edit to be made. Click the triangle at the bottom of the window to place an edit marker. Drag the right-half (or left half) of the edit marker to the place you want the edit to end. Now scroll to a new edit point and repeat. When you are done marking your edits click Save (which merely saves the markers; it doesn't save a new file). Now Toast will exclude those marked points in the project you're having Toast create.

What kind of editing were you hoping to do?

Guru

I have a quick question regarding conversion of .MTS files to a format that is editable using iMovie. I have a Sony HD camera that saves .MTS files. I cannot load these into iMovie for editing unless I process them with Voltaic which is very slow and generates very large file conversions. Rumor has it that Toast 9 (and I assume 10) can convert .MTS files to files that can be edited in iMovie. Do you have any experience of how well this works.

Thanks

Max

2 answers to this question

Guru

I have a quick question regarding conversion of .MTS files to a format that is editable using iMovie. I have a Sony HD camera that saves .MTS files. I cannot load these into iMovie for editing unless I process them with Voltaic which is very slow and generates very large file conversions. Rumor has it that Toast 9 (and I assume 10) can convert .MTS files to files that can be edited in iMovie. Do you have any experience of how well this works.

Thanks

Max

I don't have experience with that. However, encoding to other formats does take a lot of time and I don't expect that it will be any faster with Toast.

Archived