• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Successful Creator 2009 Installation

norrbom

Question

Three posts helped me get the program successfully installed after 6 hours of frustration.

First, I updated my Service Pack to SP3 - program will not install on SP1 - so make sure your SP is up to date.

Then I followed the steps below that were posted by UT Fan on November 15, 2008 with the exception of one additonal step. See below:

After reading the comments in this section and spending 6 hours of personal frustration and failure I came upon this install recipe that works. It worked on my laptop and I had a client that needed help with the install and it worked perfectly for him.

1. You must have a copy of milcore.dll GOOGLE milcore.dll and find a free dll website.

if you are on a Vista machine it is in the system32 folder under windows you are not as lucky if using XP at least not on my machine, copy to your desktop and to a safe place like my documents in case you ever need it again.

2.Get the instructions for a clean install that are pinned to this list and follow it to the end. CLEAN INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS ARE AT http://support.roxio.com.

3. Go to www.microsoft.com and locate and download Direct X version 9C runtime about 89 MB and DotNet 3.5 SP1 and install both (I skipped DirectX 9C step and my install was successful).

BEFORE STEP 4:

Copy installation disk to your hard drive (and make sure hidden files are shown). When you do the installation install from the copied files not from the disk.

4. Run the installer for Creator 2009 (from your hard drive).

5. When it finishes it will ask you to restart just say no for now.

6. Locate your copy of milcore.dll and copy to your c:windows\system 32 folder.

7. Restart your computer and then start Creator 2009 and happy burning.

:D

14 answers to this question

norrborn - do you have a problem or are you posting for the sale of posting?

Actually it installs fine for most people first time.

Take two points from the original post:

the missing dll - that was hit by a MS update and had to be replaced. It only occured if dotNET 3.5 SP1 had beein installed before Creator 2009 was

No-one ever claimed it would run on XP SP1 - minimum was SP2

Well speaking for the 'small percentage' and there seems to be many like me who are having problems, I'm a programmer and get paid to write programs, I sure don't want to pay $80.00 to re-write some lousy code written by some hack lame programmer. And yes I'm posting just for the sake(not sale) of posting. Call it venting if you will.

Answer the questions in your other post...

Glad to hera you were sucessful installing C2K9 :D Updating everything and then doing thye clean install that has been suggested many, many times on the forum, will usually lead to a sucessful Install. After a sucessful install and AFTER rebooting, then install the "Content" portion of the program.

Frank...

BEFORE STEP 4:

Copy installation disk to your hard drive (and make sure hidden files are shown). When you do the installation install from the copied files not from the disk.

So how do I make sure hidden files are shown? what files and where are they. I am going on week 2 here and am very frustrated. I think I would actually enjoy the product if I could get it to install correctly so that it does not lock up on me

thanks

Steve

BEFORE STEP 4:

So how do I make sure hidden files are shown? what files and where are they. I am going on week 2 here and am very frustrated. I think I would actually enjoy the product if I could get it to install correctly so that it does not lock up on me

thanks

Steve

Show hidden files-XP

Show Hidden Files-Vista

norrborn - do you have a problem or are you posting for the sale of posting?

Actually it installs fine for most people first time.

Take two points from the original post:

the missing dll - that was hit by a MS update and had to be replaced. It only occured if dotNET 3.5 SP1 had beein installed before Creator 2009 was

No-one ever claimed it would run on XP SP1 - minimum was SP2

I think you meant Tedhess. :)

Creator 2009 works the first time for most people. What you see here is just a small percentage of total users that ARE having issues. That's what this forum is for - users helping other users.

Well speaking for the 'small percentage' and there seems to be many like me who are having problems, I'm a programmer and get paid to write programs, I sure don't want to pay $80.00 to re-write some lousy code written by some hack lame programmer. And yes I'm posting just for the sake(not sale) of posting. Call it venting if you will.

Archived