• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Youtube: How Can You See If The Upload Was Successful?

Brian G.

Question

2 answers to this question

The new YouTube interface is slick. It appears to work, but I can't find where to check and see if Roxio 2009 thinks it was successful. I've run the widget twice now and the video is not showing up in my YouTube account. Any thoughts?

Roxio won't tell you if an upload was successful; it may if the upload was not successful. How long did you wait to see if it was there?Can't you have someone else look for it on YouTube? Post the info here about the video and someone will look (if you don't have it private).

What widget?

Roxio won't tell you if an upload was successful; it may if the upload was not successful. How long did you wait to see if it was there?Can't you have someone else look for it on YouTube? Post the info here about the video and someone will look (if you don't have it private).

What widget?

There is a "upload video" (or something like that) under tools. I think they are calling it "share video". Anyhow it is an enhanced YouTube upload. It's nice.

the only beef I have is that you can't tell if the upload was successful. I uploaded a video at 1pm and by 6pm it still hadn't appeared in YouTube. Tried again, same results, tried a 3rd time and it took.

There are some sub-issues:

1- No way to go back and see if an error occurred... some sort of transaction journal?

2- It doesn't appear to save the compiled video that is created by the wizard. So re-uploading needs to be recompiled. This wastes time.