• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd10 Premier Video Convert

blkprincess

Question

I just purchased this program 6 days ago. When I load the Video Convert and attempt to add .VOB movie files it crashes. It says

that there was an error and the program needs to close. It will work ONE time after I try and try then it will stop working again. The

VOB file is from a family DVD that I made several years ago and it's the only copy I have, so I am anxious to convert and save the file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not getting much from Roxio. I've written them twice already and nothing for 3 days. I just

want the program to work. Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

From the title of the topic, I'm guessing the OP has the feature limited "MyDVD 10 Premiere" product. Maybe when they come back and answer the questions we'll know for sure. It sounds like it may be time for a clean install.

What do I need to get? You mentioned feature limited myDVD 10. That is what I have. If I need to upgrade then I'll do that....but i just bought this,

and I just got my computer. Vista. 4 G Ram, 2.5 Ghz processor. I don't know how to do a clean install, and why do I have to do that to get this thing to work?

Can you explain how to do that?

What do I need to get? You mentioned feature limited myDVD 10. That is what I have. If I need to upgrade then I'll do that....but i just bought this,

and I just got my computer. Vista. 4 G Ram, 2.5 Ghz processor. I don't know how to do a clean install, and why do I have to do that to get this thing to work?

Can you explain how to do that?

Vista Clean Install, MyDVD

EMC 10 was superceded by creator 2009 last year - where did you get EMC 10?

Also, let us know the version number (it will be in help, about) just in case you have an OEM version that doesn't doo everything the full retail version did

I just purchased this program 6 days ago. When I load the Video Convert and attempt to add .VOB movie files it crashes. It says

that there was an error and the program needs to close. It will work ONE time after I try and try then it will stop working again. The

VOB file is from a family DVD that I made several years ago and it's the only copy I have, so I am anxious to convert and save the file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not getting much from Roxio. I've written them twice already and nothing for 3 days. I just

want the program to work. Any ideas?

Have you copied the Video_TS folder from the DVD to your hard drive and added the vob files from there? People seem to have better success doing it that way then from the DVD.

You say it will work one time after your try then its stops working again. So what do you do after it stops working to make it work again?

What are your system specs? How much free space do you have on your hard drive?

EMC 10 was superceded by creator 2009 last year - where did you get EMC 10?

Also, let us know the version number (it will be in help, about) just in case you have an OEM version that doesn't doo everything the full retail version did

From the title of the topic, I'm guessing the OP has the feature limited "MyDVD 10 Premiere" product. Maybe when they come back and answer the questions we'll know for sure. It sounds like it may be time for a clean install.

Archived